Join now - be part of our community!

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

profile.country.GB.title
diodorus

Android 7.0 (Nougat) Update - Discussion Thread

I just read about the upcoming Nougat update for (US?) sony TVs, for example the KDX8300D.

Any idea if this will also happen at the same time for the (UK?) XD83, and if so if this will fix the 5.1 issues?

Thanks!

346 REPLIES 346
profile.country.IT.title
Paolo06Sony

Since yesterday (or before yesterday... sorry I wasn't in front of the tv in the last week), an "incon" is appeared on the "home" menu informing me about the new update.

I've seen my tv (49DX8305) is in the list of the eligible device for the update but when I click on "verify if the there are any update" button, the answer is "the system is updated".

The tv is running 6.1004 version of the OS.

What's happening?

Paolo

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Paolo06Sony - the update will slowly be rolled out automatically over summer.  You can update now manually via usb if you choose: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-android-xd83xx_x83xxd-series/kd-49xd8305/download...

Cheers

snake_3xX
New

Will x8309c get an update to Nougat in the future?

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

German supporter said 4th quarter 2017 for ATV1 (like C models).

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@hvalentim wrote:

What Lexar model are you using? 

I had a lot of issues with JumpDrive S25 USB 3.0.

Part of the problem seems to be the plastic used on the tip/connector and the protruding slide button. While placing the pen on Port 3, an additional USB device plugged on port 2 would press against the pen and produce a bad contact.

Also, I found that although the TV proclaimed the format had failed, If I let it sit for a good while, somehow the pen would proceed formatting and in the end (say 30 minutes later) conclude with success (being recognized upon TV reboot).

Anyhow, for me it was impossible to use the Lexar on Port 3. I have since changed to a Samsung and it works fine.

I've got a Lexar JumpDrive P20 64GB USB 3.0. But in 6.0.1 I had issues only using it as extended memory. In 7.0 it does format as extended memory taking a long while (Something like 10 minutes I'd say. in 6.0.1 instead it was showing a failure message if I remember correctly).

Also I did many tests in 6.0.1 using the command line (via adb shell). It really was a mess, for some reason it wasn't really compatible. Now in 7.0 it did format in 10 minutes as I wrote earlier and then mounted correctly. But it was slow and then it went Read Only, like it happened in 6.0.1 with my HDD (but there it took months to go Read Only).

Anyway, I made a thread specific for this issue. If you like we may continue there.

profile.country.GB.title
tractor9

Hi all, I've been lurking for well over a year now, feel it is now the time join in.

I have had the tv for 18 months, I've been generally happy with MM with only a few unrequested reboots. It is an improvemnt over 5.1. I do not  record or use a USB HDD.

The only annoying problem is with On Demand players for ITVchannels, Channel 4 and My 5. These channels nearly always return to start of the progam after an Advert break. The current work round I use is to fast forward to a point just after the offending ads. Any answers? I have done 2-3 factory resets to no avail.

So I would like to know if anyone updated a KD43X8305Cto Nougat by USB yet.

If so how does it performing in comparison with MM?

Tractor9

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

@tractor9 I have an XD80 and I can tell you that I am quite happier with Android 7.0 (USB apart, sure. But you don't use it). I can't tell if it would solve your issue with ITV (which, to be honest, looks to me more like a bug in the app than else. Spotify has been plagued for ages with similar ads related bugs), but I don't see  any reason not to upgrade. Especially with the way you're using the television.Regarding the OS it is the same for all Bravia ATV2, so it doesn't really matter if it is an XD80 or XD83. At OS level it should work exactly the same.

Then, and I don't know if it is me or else, but I really feel like something has been improved at contrast/color level in my XD80. Somehow I feel more pleased by the pictured (and I copied back the values I had before upgrading and resetting to factory settings). This thing (if true), may be related to the XD80 only with IPS panels, instead. It would be device driver (for the display) related and not OS related.

profile.country.GB.title
dabasto98

Will Nougat come to the 2015 Sony Android TV's???

i have a KDL43W809C

does anyone know?

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

@dabasto98

how about reading at least the first page?

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Can anyone tell me what version Amazon Video is? Also does it lag and stutter, particulalry when pressing action menu?