Join now - be part of our community!

(Android 8.0 Oreo bug) XF9005 reboot automatically when turn on the TV in Oreo update

profile.country.GB.title
wuyuankai

(Android 8.0 Oreo bug) XF9005 reboot automatically when turn on the TV in Oreo update

Hi

I updated my TV to Oreo, it's working fine except that after a long period of standing by, when I turn the TV on, it will show the Home Screen for 1 sec, then it reboots it self, it shows Sony logo then Android logo animation, it taks 1 min or so to boot.

If I hit power to go to standby and turn it back on again, or in a short amount of time, it won't reboot itself, I only notice this after a long period of time of stand by, e.g. turn on TV next day, it will go to this boot cycle.

My setup:

XF9005 on Oreo V6.5830 android, connect Sonos Beam with ARC, connected to internet by Wifi

Sony could you confirm if this is a known bug in the update?

195 REPLIES 195
profile.country.GB.title
Woody1001

What did they replace it with?
profile.country.GB.title
Talljed

Replaced with XH9505......

profile.country.GB.title
Woody1001

Unfortunately the issue started again today of a few days trouble free turning on then I turned on the internal Wi-fi and the very next day the rebooting issue. 

I’m returning either via Currys or Sony

profile.country.GB.title
mdotrahman9

I've had Bravia Sync (HDMI-CEC) disabled for 4 weeks now and haven't experienced a single reboot on startup.

The problem everyone is having with their soundbar—and other hdmi devices eg. chromecast—is Bravia Sync related which has been the issue since the Oreo update.

profile.country.GB.title
mdotrahman9

I'm hoping Sony fix this, how hard can this be. I paid a decent money for this TV and not being able to use HDMI-CEC is unacceptable.

I'd say if you can return your TV then return it but as @Talljed has already mentioned from his experience it's lengthy process and seems like a lot of hassle.

I'd rather they fixed it with an update but it seems like their just not interested and the last update did absolutely nothing.

profile.country.GB.title
wingston

What soundbar do you use? It's not possible for me to disable bravia sync

profile.country.GB.title
Woody1001

I have Sonos Beam . My TV is the KD 55 A1 but I posted in thsi thread as the OP was having same problems with Sonos Seam

profile.country.GB.title
Woody1001

Can you disable Bravia Sync with a soundbar connected on HDMI- CEC?

profile.country.GB.title
wingston

I also have a Beam and it's not possible to turn off bravia sync when it is connected to the ARC port.  I just get the message "not available while bravia sync compatible audio system is used".   

If I disable Bravia Sync first then connect the device to ARC then the TV doesn't detect the sound bar and there's no sound. 

profile.country.GB.title
Woody1001

same here, I just tried. I notice on my emails I first reported this in September last year to Sony and have been going back and forth even since. I'm sick of factory resetting my tv and sick of the poor response.I think I am right to be annoyed. I bought the TV from Currys in December 2018 (5 year Sony guarantee)and it worked fine until the update. What are Sony Waiting for, maybe 1 year worth (September 2020) of it not working before they offer me a working solution or replacement