Join now - be part of our community!

Android TV and Router Issue

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
GreenArmchair
Explorer

Android TV and Router Issue

Hi

I have a strange issue with my Android TV (KD-43X8305C). Whenever it is connected to my router (Huwaeii, supplied by TalkTalk), either wired or wireless, the router stops working. i.e. I can't even browse to its home page (192.168.1.1), and no internet in the house.

As soon as I unplug the ethernet cable from the back of the TV, router springs back into life.

Does anybody have any thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GreenArmchair
Explorer

Hi

I discovered that I had fixed another device's IP very low (192.168.1.20), and the router had a DHCP range 2-256. (from memory!).

So I changed the other device to a higher IP (192.168.1.130), and limited the router range to 2-99, my theory being that this could be a source of conflict (although don't understand why only the TV would be affected?)

I left the TV to DHCP.

So far, all is good, but I've been here before, thinking it was OK! Only time will tell.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you try using a different ethernet cable?  Even on a different port on your router.  Test this and see what happens.

Cheers

GreenArmchair
Explorer

Hi

I discovered that I had fixed another device's IP very low (192.168.1.20),
and the router had a DHCP range 2-256. (from memory!).

So I changed the other device to a higher IP (192.168.1.130), and limited
the router range to 2-99, my theory being that this could be a source of
conflict (although don't understand why only the TV would be affected?)

I left the TV to DHCP.

So far, all is good, but I've been here before, thinking it was OK! Only
time will tell.
GreenArmchair
Explorer

Hi

I discovered that I had fixed another device's IP very low (192.168.1.20), and the router had a DHCP range 2-256. (from memory!).

So I changed the other device to a higher IP (192.168.1.130), and limited the router range to 2-99, my theory being that this could be a source of conflict (although don't understand why only the TV would be affected?)

I left the TV to DHCP.

So far, all is good, but I've been here before, thinking it was OK! Only time will tell.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool

Thanks for posting back.  As i dont know your setup etc, it wpuld have been very hard (if not impossible) to figure that out :wink:

Cheers

GreenArmchair
Explorer

Agreed, if that was the problem then it was a very "local" problem. I guess it may be useful to others, odd network issues? check your dodgy fixed IPs!

Can't be sure I've fixed the problem until it's been stable for a bit longer though.

relliKW
Explorer

Ok, I had exactly same issue.

The solution was: assigning permanent IP for the TV MAC address in router settings, for example 192.168.1.30

In TV settings I leave to DHCP.

I think there was a conflict with some other devices in the same network, when DHCP assigning IPs, but with this permanent IP now - everything works fine for now.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Had too an issue of wireless conflict in my laptop screen. Laptop was wireless connected to wireless repeater.

Assigned a static IP Address for my wireless repeater and connected again TV on this repeater with ethernet cable. No issue after that.

I don't know if problem is related to two band(2.4 and 5GHz) and same TV  MAC.