Join now - be part of our community!

Android TV bootloop

soulfulcheddars
Explorer

Android TV bootloop

Hi all,

MY TV (kdl-43w755) is being weird. It was ok a few hours ago, but then it froze. Nothing worked and I just a black screen. I gave it a few mins then pulled the power. It now stuck in a boot loop of the sony screen, the android loading balls, followed by "android is upgrading". The upgrade never completes and it resets itself to repeat the process again.

Does anyone know how I can get into recovery and wipe it? I've tried various button combinations on the back, but none of them work.

Cheers

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor
soulfulcheddars
Explorer

Hi,

Thanks I've tried all of those except for the first one but nothing seems to happen. I'll give the first one a try when I'm home later. The option c to factory reset doesn't do anything either. Perhaps I'm doing it wrong so I'll try that again too.

Thanks

soulfulcheddars
Explorer

None of those did anything. I tried lots and lots of times 😕

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately you will need to contact an authorised Sony repair centre for them to fix this issue:

http://services.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair/asc

Cheers

soulfulcheddars
Explorer

Hi,

Ok, thanks for the reply. I've logged a case with them anyway I was just hoping I could sort it myself. So there's no way to get the TV into recovery mode like I can on my phone, and factory reset it from there? Seems a bit of an oversight.

Hopefully Sony can get my tv soon, thanks again

Anonymous
Not applicable

Those three links that MiCal1967 listed above seems to be hit and miss on whether they will help.  I am unsure why at this stage.  But from previous replies on this forum, the mainboard of the TV will be replaced in order to fix this issue - let us know how you get on anyhow. 

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

That's true.

I really wonder also about why the EU support does not suggest them.

The truth is that in some cases, Forced Reset worked:

http://community.sony.com/t5/4K-Ultra-HD-TV/XBR65X850C-Rebooting-Cycling-after-software-update/m-p/6...

but ..... only in U.S.

Could also be region related :thinking:

soulfulcheddars
Explorer

It is a bit strange. Anyway, the Sony service centre will call me to arrange something. Seems like waste of time and money for Sony for something that I could probably fix myself given the option. Ah well