Join now - be part of our community!

Android TV - WiFi and Ethernet Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Android TV - WiFi and Ethernet Issues

Hi All

I have noticed that there are some people reporting issues with network connectivity.

Please reply back in this thread with your issue.  Please also list your tv model and all relevent information.

Cheers

203 REPLIES 203
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Some people around here have been struggling with WiFi for 2 years already. Don't expect anything to change..

profile.country.GB.title
EricLmpUK
Explorer

I've had several issues with a KD-49XD8005 (and a STR-DN1070). The TV would do lots of (wired-ethernet) interface resets when in standby and it was able to get the receiver confused about every 15 minutes while in standby. 

The receiver would stop the audio from a different source as it gets some HDMI handshaking (assumption) info from the TV.

I've lost the source, but some folks reported this to be an issue with the 'deep sleep' never completing, when the TV is in standby.

The solution (for me, ymmv) was to prevent the TV from entering this sleep mode by forcing some network control:

• Settings -> Network -> Remote Start [on]
  • Settings -> Network -> Home network setup -> IP control -> Simple IP control [on]

I've read this would increase power consumption during standby (20 watt?) but at least my network and hdmi/audio issues are gone.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Yes, enabling IP Control prevents deep sleep. Sony Android TV has a fair share of issues with deep sleep, read here. Sony hasn't fixed them in 2 years. They just don't care and tell you all kinds of tales when contacting their support...

There is also a thread dealing with the wake-ups from deep sleep here.

4K models consume ~20W in standby when preventing deep sleep. 1080p models are around 10W.

profile.country.GB.title
Clive24
Explorer

Ok thanks I've changed them settings and I will see how it goes 😀

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

I noticed on my router event log that my tv, 55x8005c, is constantly disconnecting and connecting from Ethernet when the tv is switched off. It does this about every ten minutes.   Is this normal and if not can I stop it doing it? The connection is solid when the TV Is turned on. Thanks

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Check out this thread.

Sergo111
Explorer

Hi,

I have a problem with a slow start of Wired LAN connection on SONY KD-75XE8596: when I turn on TV it has no Wired LAN connection, and only 2-3 minutes Wired LAN connection starts working (no proxy, DHCP).

This issue apprears only after a longer period of inactivity (for example is power was off over night), but if TV is turned on and off with a short interval, then Wired LAN connection is working immediately.

Looks like Wired LAN adaptor needs some time to wake up... 

There was no such problem on my prevoois SONY KD-65X8507C.

Sergo

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

If you turn off and immediately on again, only the screen is switched off. The system might still be running for hours until system finally goes into deep sleep. There are several deep sleep issues with those TVs, see here. Those TVs are bugged as hell and Sony is not doing anything about it. Most issues are due to heavily borked MediaTek processor and drivers. It is still Sony's responsibility. Knowing MediaTek from mobile devices, it can be assumed that nothing will ever change. They just produce cheap crap without any support.

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

@Kuschelmonschter ok thanks, I'll reply on that separate thread

profile.country.GB.title
Tobesb
Explorer

I'm also having trouble with the static IP dropping out. I have to switch my BT modem off and on again to solve. Not ideal. Sony, please fix.