Join now - be part of our community!

Android TV - WiFi and Ethernet Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Android TV - WiFi and Ethernet Issues

Hi All

I have noticed that there are some people reporting issues with network connectivity.

Please reply back in this thread with your issue.  Please also list your tv model and all relevent information.

Cheers

203 REPLIES 203
deadphill
Explorer

Hi guys

I have just taken delivery of my KD55S8005CBU and for most part I'm quite happy with it. However there are 12 issues on finding with the software, which is less than ideal so soon after purchase.

Out of the box I had issues with the ethernet connection where it just would not detect the Internet and I was not be able to get an ip address from my router. In fact the setup would not allow me to finish as it was saying that that I was not connected to my router. In the end I bypassed the ethernet setup and carried on until complete. Going into settings in android TV I was still unable to get the TV to detect the connection via ethernet. I then unplugged it and tested the cable on my laptop which turned out to be absolutely fine. Plugging it back in again did nothing and I was then for us to use the Wi-Fi connection. I then checked the new firmware, Downloaded it and installed. Upon the reboot the ethernet was detected but this was only for short time before it said it was disconnected. I checked again I noticed that even though it was set to get an IP address from DHCP there was still an internal IP address showing, however the TV is quite clever in that it will switch back to the Wi-Fi.

I am now on the latest firmware and I still have issues with using ethernet although Wi-Fi works 90% of the time but will on occasion still disconnect and then connect. I have done a site survey and this is not an issue with Wi-Fi channels as I do not have that many close neighbours using Wi-Fi.

I will give the full hard reset a try again later but surely this is an issue that Sony needs to fix and soon? If not I will be applying for a full refund.

Cheers

Phill

profile.country.GB.title
kickboxingboy

Really getting fed up with this issue which seems to be since last update.

sony 65xd9305 and sky q router /hub

Tv daily requires rebooting as no network connectivity.

tv connected via wifi 5ghz has no network connectivity as show by a

! Mark although is showing as connected.

only a reboot fixes it. Considering the price of this model this really is not

good enough. 

Any sign of a new firmware ?

I have a problem with the wifi connectivity of my houses!!

I have two Sonys TV, one 2015 model with androidtv and other 2016 model with androidtv too, in two differents houses.

I use ethernet on the TV, but sometimes, the wifi of other devices, like the mobile or tablet stop working in the house, or its working but very sloooooow.

If i switch off the TV, unplugging from the power network, then, immediately, the wifi work at full speed again!

I try all possible configurations, i disconnect wifi signal, wifi direct, location, and all possible wireless config in the TV, but this problem persists.

I don't know what to do now!

profile.country.GB.title
glgilso
Explorer

Flawless until tonight. 

WiFi is fine in the house, all devices can see it.

Sony TV says no network

And it cannot find any.

Both when using manual scan, or WPS.

Sony 55x9005c.

Purchased Feb 2016.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Hi @glgilso,

try to change the Wi-Fi Channel inside the Modem/Router, from "Auto" (I think now is in Auto) to 1, 6 o 11 (if at 2,4GHz) or at any available "free" (less crowded?) Channel if at 5GHz.

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
didi1961

Bought a KD-49XD700x TV last week and it doesn't see the ethernet connection. Tested the cable's connection by re-plugging into a you-view box and the connection is fine. Tried soft re-set and factory resets and at router and the TV still doesn't see the cable's conneted. Wi-Fi connection is fine - any ideas?????

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

profile.country.GB.title
didi1961

Hi Manolo, tried it but still no joy - the TV didn't see the LAN from set up fresh out of the box either so I had my doubts. I'm back on WiFi which handles everything the TV needs to do so I might just accept the no LAN connection thing however annoying that is with a brand new product.

Big thanks for your help though.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @didi1961  and  @Marino.Manolo

This is from your TV reference guide:

49XD700x.PNG

I really cannot understand what Sony geniuses mean.

It says that the connector is a 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX but ...........communication rate and quality are NOT guaranteed for this TV

I would really like to know what they mean.

profile.country.GB.title
kickboxingboy

10/100 relates to the fast Ethernet standard.

10 is the old standard, 100 (100 Mbit/s) is the most universal standard connection, will be used on about every home router.
1000 (gigabit) is the latest although slow to come to home routers.

Quality and transmission cannot be guaranteed just means that sustained 100 Mbit/s transfer cannot be guarantee, that's nothing new just like a power company can't guarantee you'll have electricity 100% of the time .

Sent from my iPhone