Join now - be part of our community!

Android youtube app cast icon not appearing

SOLVED
satiros123
Explorer

Android youtube app cast icon not appearing

Hello, all of a sudden my BRAVIA stopped connecting with my Android youtube app and the cast icon does not appear anymore(the one you send to TV the videos)... I tried with the same smartphone with an LG smart tv and it worked perfectly.. I have already did a factory reset to my TV, reset router, even changed the static ip of the TV, but no luck. Any ideas what to do?? Thanx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
satiros123
Explorer

Today I saw that the problem is fixed. Just to let you know all..cheers...

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
astmario
Explorer

Same problem here!

KDL-32W705B model, firmware: PKG2.291EUA

Send to TV icon missing from YouTube app on tablet and phone.

Tried powering off tv from socket and doing same with router, no help.

Tried factory reset on TV, same thing.

Tried switching from WiFi to wired LAN, same thing.

Tried turining on DHCP instead static IP, no result.

DLNA is working, Sony SideView app is working from same tab/phone, so it is only YouTube related.

Found a workaround, but it's still not a solution, if you open YouTube app on TV, then go to settings and activate Pair device option, than from tablet/phone do the same and enter code on TV you will get Send to TV option back.

But, that way TV is identified as YouTube TV isntead of KDL.... marking, and Send To TV option is there only if YouTube app is opened on TV, if you close it TV icon is gone from tab/phone YouTube app.

profile.country.en_IE.title
Gavinf1980
New

Same problem here, It's really annoying as you have to open youtube on the TV to get it to work.

satiros123
Explorer

Yes it is annoying, because this function was really worth it.. I also use an XPERIA Z1, so I should have full functionality with my BRAVIA.. Someone please help!! 

I believe that the problem has to do with the latest update of Sony Bravia.. I hope i'm wrong

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

I have reported this to Sony - hopefully they can provide some answers on this one.  Any information received will be posted back here.

Cheers

astmario
Explorer

So we have another topic with same problem:

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/sony-bravia-32w795b-youtube-amp-bluetooh/td-p/1889010

Any info from Sony about this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys

Just so that you are all aware.  Sony is aware of this issue and are currently investigating.  This problem has also been reported across other EU countries as well.

Cheers.

satiros123
Explorer

Today I saw that the problem is fixed. Just to let you know all..cheers...

astmario
Explorer

What solution? There is no firmware update, so how is problem solved?

satiros123
Explorer

true,the only thing that was updated was the youtube app..in the last few days i think..we can check this out,but probably it was something from youtube app side..