Join now - be part of our community!

Android youtube app cast icon not appearing

SOLVED
satiros123
Explorer

Android youtube app cast icon not appearing

Hello, all of a sudden my BRAVIA stopped connecting with my Android youtube app and the cast icon does not appear anymore(the one you send to TV the videos)... I tried with the same smartphone with an LG smart tv and it worked perfectly.. I have already did a factory reset to my TV, reset router, even changed the static ip of the TV, but no luck. Any ideas what to do?? Thanx

20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @Jesmondo9

The YouTube casting issue was resolved very quickly - unfortunately the link above seems to be broken, but this is the link:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/2015-bravia-android-tv-google-cast-issue/m-p/2039337

Question 1 - Phone pairing

You should not need to pair your phone in order to cast from YouTube - but worth rebooting your phone whilst the TV is switched on and connected to the network

Question 2 - Web Browser

There is a "Internet Browser" under the Apps section of the Home screen.  It is the 'Opera' browser.  To be honest, I dont like this browser myself, however you can 'sideload' Google Chome instead if you wish.  See these instructions : HERE

Question 3 - Home Screen

Sony has not railroaded you on this - this is Google.  The Home screen is based on the Leanback launcher - which cannot be changed unfortunately.

Question 4 - Pre-installed Apps

Like many devices these days - the pre-installed apps cannot be removed.

Question 5 - Other Apps

You can install other apps and games via the Google Play Store on the TV itself.  You can also sideload other apps that are not specifically designed for the TV - however it can be hit and miss.

Hope this helps.

Cheers