Join now - be part of our community!

Any reason why Leanback (Home) doesn't have its own picture settings?

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Any reason why Leanback (Home) doesn't have its own picture settings?

I have been wondering this since the first day, and frankly (as many things with this OS. Sorry. I am a moaner. I knooow! lol) I find it a bit annoying. Leanback doesn't have a way to get into picture settings (any settings from the Action Menu) and neither it has its own picture settings.

What it seems to do is to inherit the picture mode from the previous input channel/app open. Thus changing continually depending on what we used before (which at the beginning even made me thinking something was wrong with my display!).

That gets quite evident (and ugly) when going into home after watching a movie with Expert 1 colour temperature. It also gets paired with the fact that it is 1080p only. I know it isn't the end of the world, but Sony in the PS4 Pro raised the Home resolution to 4K, so I believe it does matter to someone in Sony as well.

Wouldn't it be possible to have, at least, Leanback always using the Android App picture settings, so at least it would stay consistent? Or since Leanback is from Google that's the way it's going to stay until Google will finally update it (hopefully not eclusively for Android O)?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I agree.  I have added this to a list of suggestions and improvements to a team within Sony called "Voice of the Consumer".

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Thanks. Any chance Sony can bypass Google and make its own Home launcher? Like the Xperia Home in Android mobile. That would be great. It might not be exceptional, but it is good and sure better than any launcher Google is producing (well, that's my opinion at least). I was actually hoping in the PS4 launcher for Bravia. But I know.. keep hoping! lol

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not seen or heard anything in regards to Sony developing their own Launcher.  Personally I would want them to concentrate on fixing the bugs/issues than asthetics :slight_smile:  But the picture settings should be appropriate for the homescreen !

Keeping the 'stock' leanback launcher would also mean less time spent on ensuring it works after each fw update.