Join now - be part of our community!

Apple TV4K no longer switches off 55XF90 after update to v6.7140

profile.country.GB.title
MrMeeb
Explorer

Apple TV4K no longer switches off 55XF90 after update to v6.7140

Title says it all pretty much - the Apple TV has the ability to sleep itself and the connected TV, either automatically or when triggered from the ATV remote. Prior to the firmware update to v6.7140 on my 55XF90, this worked exactly as expected - the ATV could wake the TV from sleep, and also sleep it when required. Now, the ATV can wake the TV as before, but when trying to sleep, the TV does not switch off. When sleeping both devices using the Sony remote, it works as expected. 

Looking at the new settings menu for Bravia Sync, it seems like there is an option to allow the Sony remote to sleep connected devices, and for connected devices to wake the TV, but no option for connected devices to sleep the TV. Has this functionality been removed? If so, please add it back! Or is this a bug that I can do something to fix?

Cheers!

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

It's a bug in the pie update. Breaks hdmi cec in some respects and particularly impacts ATV as I understand it.  There's a german sony forum thread with info on all of the bugs.  Assume there'll be a fix release at some point

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

Sorry should have said Austrian. Translates to english automatically on my phone

https://community.sony.at/t5/android-tv/erfahrungen-mit-pie-atv2-fw-6-7140/td-p/3727479/page/7