Join now - be part of our community!

ARC Dolby Digital Plus failure with Yamaha RX-V375

stu-e2
Explorer

ARC Dolby Digital Plus failure with Yamaha RX-V375

I'm a proud owner of a new 65x95j. I am having a problem with Dolby Digital Plus (DD+) selected for the ARC connection to my trusty Yamaha RX-V375 AV receiver. If I select Dolby Digital (DD) it works. If I select DD+ the Yamaha goes silent and the display says "Decoder off" Which means it is not receiving any signal. If I then manually change the input on the Yamaha and then back again to the ARC input, it works. However I have to do this every time the TV is turned off and on again or when the audio changes to a different format.

I've tried different high speed HDMI cables including a HDMI Ultra Certified Cable.

I can also confirm DTS works ok via ARC.

The Yamaha has been working with a Fire TV stick with DD+ so this format is supported at least on a regular HDMI input.

26 REPLIES 26
profile.country.HU.title
Csabi1984
Explorer

Hello! I have a Sony 55XH9096 tv and the ARC doesn't work properly for me either. 
I have to unplug the TV and amplifier, unplug HDMI cables and it works for 1 day or more but once the ARC doesn't work!
I think the latest update is mixed in but very much into the software.

profile.country.HU.title
Csabi1984
Explorer

Which was missed
My amplifier is a Denon X550Bt
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Csabi1984, what's the current software version on your TV?

profile.country.HU.title
Csabi1984
Explorer

The software on the TV is 6.1554
The problem is not with the dolby digital but with the ARC audio "connection" between the amplifier and the TV itself. 
The usual solution is to unplug the devices for 5-10 minutes, so I think it could be a software anomaly. Of course, there was also a factory reset.

I would add that other users have experienced similar with other amplifiers.

profile.country.CZ.title
Patrikbohm
Explorer

I buyed new receiver Sony STR-DH790 and now working is fine. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Csabi1984, does the factory reset work? @ Csabi1984 happy for you mate.

profile.country.HU.title
Csabi1984
Explorer

Hello! Yes, there has been a factory reset. 
I tried to unplug all the HDMI from the TV and the next time I turned it on, it turned on the amplifier (but it might just be a coincidence,
I'm testing this now, it's good for 1 day so far). Sony HT FS-150 soundbarral.
There was an indoor unit connected to the TV and the ARC didn't want to work with it either. I told him to just leave this and it worked out of bite.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

@ Csabi1984, what do you mean by the indoor unit?

profile.country.HU.title
Csabi1984
Explorer

Indoor unit = set top box.
Google translator literally translated :grin:
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Csabi1984, the ARC isn't used with the STB, what exactly happens with the amp?