Join now - be part of our community!

Audio Lag

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
londondavid
Explorer

Audio Lag

Playing a MP4 video file from an attached hard disk on a KD55XD8599 android TV always results in the audio lagging the piciure by 0.3 of a second. This is a constant delay no matter which video player I use. I have installed Kodi as a 'make do' but that means that I have to set the audio offset in Kodi each time I play a video - really irritating. Anybody got a better solution?

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Playing a MP4 video file from an attached hard disk on a KD55XD8599 android TV always results in the audio lagging the piciure by 0.3 of a second. This is a constant delay no matter which video player I use. I have installed Kodi as a 'make do' but that means that I have to set the audio offset in Kodi each time I play a video - really irritating. Anybody got a better solution?

I also measure an audio delay of 200-300ms. Kodi seems the only good solution. The delay however is constant for all media. So on the same page as the audio offset compensation, you can just say "apple to all media" (don't know the exact wording of the option). So you don't have to re-do it for all media in Kodi. There is no such solution for most other apps, nor is there a global setting for it.

Weird thing is that video comes before audio. So the "system" is already compensating delays between audio and video processing, but seems to overcompensate.

(Don't waste your time by contacting Sony support, they are of no help concerning any issue.)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi David, 

Please get in touch with Sony Support for further help with this.

Thanks,

Sean Mc

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

I also measure an audio delay of 200-300ms. Kodi seems the only good solution. The delay however is constant for all media. So on the same page as the audio offset compensation, you can just say "apple to all media" (don't know the exact wording of the option). So you don't have to re-do it for all media in Kodi. There is no such solution for most other apps, nor is there a global setting for it.

Weird thing is that video comes before audio. So the "system" is already compensating delays between audio and video processing, but seems to overcompensate.

(Don't waste your time by contacting Sony support, they are of no help concerning any issue.)

profile.country.GB.title
londondavid
Explorer

Thank you - I had missed the 'apply to all' option