Join now - be part of our community!

Aux Cable in Sony XG95 (Android TV)

profile.country.GB.title
samuelsmith
Explorer

Aux Cable in Sony XG95 (Android TV)

Hi all,

Total newbie question - but I plug in a aux cable into the audio in and connect the other end to my iPod. I then change the source to the AV so that I can listen to my music on the Tv. However the TV says there is no signal...

What am I doing wrong?!

Many thanks,

Samuel

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@samuelsmith 

I take it this is going into AV In (2) and not headphone out (3) which is not an input?

Your connecting cable needs to be a four-pole, wired thus:-

01388F75-569B-4120-AA73-A0D56C13F13E.png

But I would guess you are plugging in a three-pole audio cable? So you need to get from three-pole to four-pole, probably with a three pole female to two male phonos cable, and then a three female phonos to four pole, like the one in the picture above, and then use just the L and the R female phonos.

Though it may anyway well be that the TV detects no input video, and so gives no signal, not even from the sound channels.

But you have other connection options than just analogue audio; see this article for a full rundown on alternative approaches:-

https://uk.pcmag.com/how-to/40528/how-to-connect-your-iphone-or-ipad-to-your-tv

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

What kind of cable do you use?

profile.country.GB.title
samuelsmith
Explorer

@royabrown2 and @kinggo01 - thank you both - I have a three pole - so will just buy a four pole!

Thanks again,

Samuel

profile.country.GB.title
samuelsmith
Explorer

Okay - so I bought a 4 pole - plugged it ito AV In (2) and other end to iPod - turned source to AV + play music - still same issue - says "No signal."

Ahrgh - any help would be appreciated!

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

AFAIK, not all 4 pole cables are the same.

profile.country.GB.title
samuelsmith
Explorer

Ahh no 😞

I don't suppose you have an amazon link to a 4 pole that does work with this TV?

Many thanks,
Samuel

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

No. And IMO if you really don't have to use TV for that, rather go for any portable speaker with 3.5mm jack. It will probably be cheaper than some "SONY" cable and produce better sound than the TV.