Join now - be part of our community!

BBC IPlayer 02050 & My5 VJS-2008 Errors

profile.country.GB.title
DaveMcKFlit
Explorer

BBC IPlayer 02050 & My5 VJS-2008 Errors

I have a Bravia KD-49XE9005 - since owning the TV, I have been able to stream BBC iPlayer and My5 without any problems until in the last month, I keep getting the above errors.

I have updated the software on the TV, done, a factory reset, restarted the router, but without any luck at all.

I can stream both of these on my Amazon fire stick or Apple TV, so it can’t be a problem with my connection.

Since all other streams work okay on the TV, I can only think it’s something with the latest software update?
Is anyone else having the same problem or can anyone else suggest a solution beyond what I’ve tried?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Sevenoaks7
New

I have a Bravia KD-43XG8396. A couple of weeks ago I lost all connection to the internet meaning no I player. Have tried everything to no avail. In settings I am told that I am connected but have no internet. Have tried Ethernet connection as well to boost signal, but same result. For some time the date and time showing went back to the middle of last year. That has now corrected itself to the correct time and date but nothing else. Has there been an upgrade which has caused this fault. No other changes have been made this end. Very disappointed.

profile.country.GB.title
DaveMcKFlit
Explorer

This is interesting but slightly different - I still have internet (YouTube still streaming at very high quality) but all the “Sony Select” channels are either not working, slow or lousy quality, I see there was an update mid-December and I reckon the problem dates back to them.

FYI - on the Sony Support site, I started an online chat and at least have some contact from Sony who assure me they are investigating it