Join now - be part of our community!

BBC iPlayer Blue Planet 2 uhd hdr

profile.country.GB.title
darrenj11

BBC iPlayer Blue Planet 2 uhd hdr

10th December this will be available on uhd and hdr on Sony 2017 models. 

Did anyone hear of a plan to introduce the  BBC hdr to older Sony models? I believe they are using a different type of hdr than currently installed on the 2015 /2016 models. 

82 REPLIES 82
profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

"Can anyone here really imagine Sony will be getting out firmware updates before Blue Planet UHD drops off iPlayer? I'm an optimist by heart, but have very little faith."

ohh im in no doubt this will come before the end of the trial, however im also in no doubt this rushed and botched update will give us a whole new wave of other issues, nothing to important tho maybe this time we may only be able to watch TV in black and white, in spanish on thursdays :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
macarte92
profile.country.GB.title
ajwool

Do Sony actually read/reply to these threads?

profile.country.GB.title
mobilyuk

If Sony pull this out of the bag I will be absolutely amazed

profile.country.GB.title
ajwool

I've been emailing support and had nothing back that inspires me with any confidence.

profile.country.GB.title
mobilyuk

They don't care once you've bought the TV

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

@ajwool No. Sony don't respond on this forum.

Also why email them?

You have no way of knowing that your mail has been read until or if you get a response.

I never understand why people don't telephone Support 😞

Its alot quicker :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
brenma
New

So Sony let me add this up got the KD65XE9305 got the broadband speed that`s 2 things 

and Sony got No BBCiplayer 4K support & No Dolby Vision that`s 2 things.

That adds up to i have got to remember the next time i look to buy something Sony.

PS could have got LG & got it all, but is that being greedy.

profile.country.GB.title
BruceTremlett
Explorer

I bought my XE90 on the strength of the BBC I Player release of ~Blue Planet 4K, very, very disapointed!

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

Yeh I didn't buy it for Blue Planet but I made sure I researched this TV having HLG support for IPlayer which all the reviews confirmed it did... It's not as though HLG is used for anything else.

Very disappointed in Sony for this debacle.