Join now - be part of our community!

BBC IPLAYER WILL NOT LOAD

profile.country.GB.title
MartinHmm
New

BBC IPLAYER WILL NOT LOAD

For the last 8 days my Bravia KDL-42653A will not load iPlayer. Everything else works okay.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Hi @MartinHmm

Did you mean KDL-42W653A? This 2013 Sony TV predates the Android models which this section of the forum is about, so strictly you should be posting in Other; but as it happens, I probably know the answer you seek. 

It could well be this, though as it says there, try the steps listed anyway, in case it is an unrelated issue.

The BBC iPlayer will not load on my Samsung UE32J6300 TV at the moment, even after trying those extra steps, so I guess it has the issue described, though other devices in the house, including later and earlier Samsung TVs and all our YouView boxes, are unaffected.

The BBC is progressively discontinuing the iPlayer on older TVs, But, certainly for Samsung, 2012 and newer sets are still OK, so you probably have at least a couple of years left, once the BBC fix their current issue.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
MartinHmm
New

Thanks for the information. Will no doubt have to get a new braving soon.