Join now - be part of our community!

Black screen for terrestrial TV and hdmi

profile.country.GB.title
Samandjohn
New

Black screen for terrestrial TV and hdmi

Can anyone suggest a solution for my TV?

My Bravia KDL-55W805C TV has a black screen and no sound through normal TV and anything plugged in via HDMI.

I can access Netflix and Amazon prime TV without any issues, so I know there is no problem with the visual or audio output.

When I check the diagnostics, the HDMI ports with Sky and PS4 attached are recognised as connected, so I don't think the HDMI board is faulty.

I've ran a self diagnosis and no fault was found, and tried searching for system updates (auto update is enabled, so shouldn't need to) but the TV just sits on the 'searching...' screen and doesn't get any further.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there, 

Welcome to the Sony Community.

I would suggest trying a full reset of the TV as a first step.  To do this Press and hold the power button on the remote control for about 5 seconds. The TV will turn off and then restart automatically after a short time.  

If this does not resolve the problem, then I would suggest performing a Factory Data Reset. You can find more details on how to do this here.

Let me know how you get on?

Best wishes,

Sean Mc 

profile.country.GB.title
Samandjohn
New

Thanks Sean,

I had tried the power reset before posting to no avail, but the factory reset has fixed everything 🙂 

Thanks again x

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi again, 

That's great the reset resolved the issue for you.

Thanks for letting me know 😃

Best wishes,

Sean Mc