Join now - be part of our community!

Blocky image when there are fast moving clips

SOLVED
profile.country.NL.title
Zebatical
Explorer

Blocky image when there are fast moving clips

Dear Sony,
I just bought a Sony Bravia 49XE70xx. I have a problem when Im using my netflix and television connections (both direct cable no wifi) when the image is slow (for example a person) it's chrystal clear image but then when the character starts moving quickly on screen it gets so blurry and blocky. This is also the case with space battles etc in movies. It makes the movies unwatchable, Im really doubting to send the tv back, because a tv at this quality should not have these issues.
I already tried:

1. Rebooting the TV with 60 seconds of power

2. Downloading and installing latest service update

Any clue? Is this a known issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,

A troubled new Sony Bravia owner..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I'm not really sure about your XE70, on the Android app you have to push the info button while playing (I+) and it shows both data on the left upper corner. Be aware that regardless your internet speed adn account profile it takes sometimes both to Netflix and Amazon prime to go to the maximum speed so it could be normal that it start with a lower bandwidth of 1Mb/1080p and go through the full speed that in case of Netflix (at least in Italy) is 15Mbps for a 4K HDR stream

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

What about the actual bandwidth and resolution used by netflix during the blocking scenes? 

profile.country.NL.title
Zebatical
Explorer

Thanks for the response. The actual bandwith and resolution used by Netflix? I've tried to optimize everything I could in the netflix Options however the blockyness keeps occurring when fast images are on screen....

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Yep but are you sure Netflix is working at the maximum bandwidth of 15 mbps at 2160p when you encounter the problem? It seems like poor resolution on the source side...

profile.country.NL.title
Zebatical
Explorer

Dear Rob,

Thanks for the help. Ummmm I cannot be sure that is the case. How can I check that exactly? I just got my internet fixed and I believe I should now have access to 90mbps so that should be enough for Netflix. However is there a way to see if that's actually what it's getting?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I'm not really sure about your XE70, on the Android app you have to push the info button while playing (I+) and it shows both data on the left upper corner. Be aware that regardless your internet speed adn account profile it takes sometimes both to Netflix and Amazon prime to go to the maximum speed so it could be normal that it start with a lower bandwidth of 1Mb/1080p and go through the full speed that in case of Netflix (at least in Italy) is 15Mbps for a 4K HDR stream

profile.country.NL.title
Zebatical
Explorer

Thanks Rob,
It seems to have eliminated itself by now. Seems like a problem from the source side like you said.
Thanks again!
Best regards,