Join now - be part of our community!

Blue Tooth Headphones

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
ricough
Explorer

Blue Tooth Headphones

I have an Android Sony TV 55-X900xc from 2015. Is is a beauty.

I can connect my blue Tooth Headphones to the TV, which allows me to adjust the sound to my levels as I am hard of hearing

However, I want the other people in the room to continue to listen to the TV , but when I connect the headphones  the sound to the TV speakers is disabled

Is there any override to keep sound to headphones and to the TV.

I would prefer not to purchase one of those hard of hearing headphone devices as I already have a perfect set of Blue tooth bose headphone

Any help please would be very much appreciated

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Hi @ricough

I think you have two choices here, both of which involve a further Bluetooth transmitter, of which you will find many on Amazon. But most of these run off a 3.5mm jackplug, which if you put it in the headphones output of your TV will likewise mute the sound, which you don’t want.

So you can either restrict yourself to one of the ones that run off TOSLINK - your optical out on this set, which I think is always active, and so can be used alongside the TV speakers still working for the other people in the room - or, even if you are using the SCART Out for something else, then get any one of these Bluetooth transmitters with a headphone jack, plus a SCART to headphone socket adapter, either this one which replicates the SCART connection on the back so you can still use anything you have plugged into the SCART now, or one like it, and run the Bluetooth transmitter off the SCART via this adapter. This will likewise not mute the TV speakers.

Hopefully, your Boses have a volume control, so you can choose your own volume level on them?

But check in your manual you can have optical out or SCART simultaneously with the TV speakers, and then choose an option as above.

EDIT: SCART adapter can still be used even if the SCART socket is currently in use.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Hi @ricough

I think you have two choices here, both of which involve a further Bluetooth transmitter, of which you will find many on Amazon. But most of these run off a 3.5mm jackplug, which if you put it in the headphones output of your TV will likewise mute the sound, which you don’t want.

So you can either restrict yourself to one of the ones that run off TOSLINK - your optical out on this set, which I think is always active, and so can be used alongside the TV speakers still working for the other people in the room - or, even if you are using the SCART Out for something else, then get any one of these Bluetooth transmitters with a headphone jack, plus a SCART to headphone socket adapter, either this one which replicates the SCART connection on the back so you can still use anything you have plugged into the SCART now, or one like it, and run the Bluetooth transmitter off the SCART via this adapter. This will likewise not mute the TV speakers.

Hopefully, your Boses have a volume control, so you can choose your own volume level on them?

But check in your manual you can have optical out or SCART simultaneously with the TV speakers, and then choose an option as above.

EDIT: SCART adapter can still be used even if the SCART socket is currently in use.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
ricough
Explorer

great reply

I will have a look tonight to see what the connections are

I know I am not using any of the SCARTS , only HDMI. Not sure if I have optical connection

keep you posted and many thanks for taking your time out to post

profile.country.GB.title
ricough
Explorer

Hi All

quick update to confirm that I purchased a Sennheiser BT T100 Bluetooth audio transmitter and connected it to the TV via the optical out.

The Sennheiser is a pricey solution at £69.99 (GBP) as many other cheaper boxes on Amazon. The primary reason was that I already own a pair of Bose Quietcomfort Q35 wireless headphones and was aware that these headphones are not equiped with any low latency gismo (Bose have there reasons).

The BT T100 comes with Qualcomm aptX low latency audio codec and I have to say there is absoluely zero lip sync issues

solution is brilliant, I can now listen to the TV at my own sound level without complaints from family or next door neighbours

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Great to hear it, @ricough! (In both senses of the word) :grin:

If you can kindly mark my post as the solution, that should help anyone else with the same problem, as it will be flagged as such.

profile.country.GB.title
ricough
Explorer

Royabrown

Please help me out , where do I tag your post as the solution ?

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@ricough wrote:

Royabrown

Please help me out , where do I tag your post as the solution ?

It’s not a tag. There should be an ‘Accept as Solution’ button next to the Reply button on every response to your original post, and you click that on the posting of mine which answered your original question.

profile.country.GB.title
ricough
Explorer

Bingo !!

Many thanks for helping me out

enjoy your day