Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth does not discover devices to pair.

enotsz
Explorer

Bluetooth does not discover devices to pair.

Hello.
I have a Sony Android Tv x80c (x8005c) that i recently acquired.
It seems that this tv is having problems discovering bluetooth devices, i recently purchased a gamepad that my tv is unable to find. The problem is not from the gamepad since i already tested it in my windows laptop, my android phone and on my ios phone, it worked without any problems. But my Sony Android Tv bluetooth seems to not find the device.
What other options do i have to try force the tv find my device? Is there any know issue that relates with this problem?
Best,

Tags (2)
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The gamepad you purchased, is it the PS4 - DualShock 4 controller - as this is the one that works on the TV.

See:

http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/134685

Cheers

enotsz
Explorer

Thanks for your answer, where can i confirm that the Sony Android Tv only supports the DS4?

At the moment i have 2 gamepads. None of them the DS4, (I don't now if i can put the brands here)

The first one of them, the Sony Android Tv Bluetooth can connect with them and works perfectly.
The second gamepad the tv can't detect the bluetooth, this command is HID, works perfectly when connected with windows pc and android phone.

Best,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I think Sony will only 'officially' support the DS4 controller - however there is now a caveat on this.  See:

http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/134686/

However, I found this on the Asia-Pacific knowledgebase:

https://sony-paa-pa-en-web--paa.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/118222/

As well as the following thread on this community forum:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/bluetooth-gamepad-for-bravia-android-models/td-p/1978402

Hope this helps

enotsz
Explorer

The game pad i was testing is the nes30pro from 8bitdo.

I am still looking for a solution to this because it does not make sense that the android tv bluetooth does not discover the device especially after two days ago. Two days ago after a lot of tries the tv was able to detect the gamepad and successfully connect to it to the android tv via bluetooth.The Sony Android tv bluetooth detected the device and paired it without no problem it worked without any flaws, playing games, navigate on the menus, all worked perfect, i was truly happy, until the next day, the next day i turned the Tv and the Tv couldn't find again the bluetooth device. This makes me belive that the blueetooth of the sony 49 x80c is not "strong" enough to deal with the noise from the wifis in the building, opinion based on the event previously described and since all the other devices with bluetooth can detect the gamepad, going soon try to acquire an usb bluetooth pen compatible with android to see what happens.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Have a look in the settings to see if Bluetooth is still enabled.  As some have complained about bluetooth automatically disabling itself from time to time, but couldnt find how to accurately replicate this issue.  Further info about this bug can be found HERE.

If thats not the case, umm......  :slight_smile:

Cheers

PS: You can mention other brands/models on this forums (as long as its not blatent advertising/selling etc) - so no need to 'strike it out'.

enotsz
Explorer

That is not the case but thanks for put some effort into this, the bluetooth is enabled. I even try to set it to off and on again, restart the tv. The only thing that is realy missing for a normal user like me is to try an usb bluetooth. 
Just a note for me this is not a defect because the bluetooth works with other devices, is more a "bug'ish"/"limitation'ish" of the model of the tv since it appears that tis is related to the signal strength not being able to overlap the noise. I will buy an usb bluetooth, just have to check first compatibalities, and after if with this pen i can detect the gamepad I will send as suggestion to write this limitations on the product specification.

Just one more quick note are there any post related to usb bluetooth that works correclty with the sony android tv?

Best, 
Thanks for your help

profile.country.GB.title
Loofah

Sony don't support a2dp part of Bluetooth so it could be that 

katypotts
New

Hi  am having same problem with Sony BRAVIA KDL32W705B TV. 

The devices can find the Bravia - but when you go to connect it brings up a passkey and asks if that's the correct one - if you tap yes it doesn't work - no option to connect without saying yes to the passkey.  Each time you try to connect its a brand new passkey. 

The TV can't pick up any other bluetooth device - even though other devices can see the Bravia. 

I've enabled everything i can!  Do you think returning it to factory settings will help? 

Katy

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

@katypotts

32W705B is not android TV. And AFAIK, the only BT device that can be connected is the mouse (with BT up to 3.0) for using as cursor in browser.