Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth Headphones Pairing to TV

profile.country.GB.title
bilmarri
New

Bluetooth Headphones Pairing to TV

I've just purchased some Sephia S6 bluetooth headphones and I can't get my Bravia KD-49XE90 TV to pair with them. The TV can't find the headphones when searching for available devices (bluetooth is switched on). Other devices pair and connect to the TV okay, including some MPOW in-ear phones. The Sephia headphones will pair and connect to my phone and laptop okay. Can anyone help please?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Bilmarri,

Welcome to the community.

It's worth checking here to make sure that your headphones bluetooth profile is supported.  If they are then please follow this guide for connecting a bluetooth device.

Best wishes,

EdwinaU

profile.country.GB.title
bilmarri
New

Hi Edwina and thank you for your reply. I've checked my TV sound settings and can confirm it has [A/V sync] in [Settings] — [Sound] so would appear to be compatible with Bluetooth devices. However I've followed your instructions regarding pairing and the TV still doesn't pick up the headphones. I have successfully managed to pair and connect the TV to my Sony sound bar and some MPOW earphones, which proves that the TV supports Bluetooth devices. However, the supplier of the Sephia headphones is hinting that it's the TV that's at fault.

profile.country.GB.title
bilmarri
New

I've been into the store where I purchased the TV. They have the same model as mine on display and one of the staff tried unsuccessfully to pair the headphones. We tried another different Sony model, again unsuccessful. We then tried a Panasonic, which was successful. In conclusion it seems that the headphones are not compatible with Sony TVs.