Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
HawkmanNI
New

Bluetooth

Hi all. Just bought a Sony KD-43XF8796, I have been trying to bluetooth a playlist from my laptop to it but cannot for the life of me get it to play on the TV. What am I doing wrong or not doing right ? Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @HawkmanNI,

your TV is no playback device like a soundbar, a speaker or a pair of headphones, so playing it via Bluetooth won't work from what I can tell.

Try connecting your PC to the same (WiFi-)Network as the TV and right click the audio file - you should be able to click the fourth option in the dropdown menu to stream it to your TV.

Depending on the media player you are using, you can stream full playlists to your TV this way as well.

- Nic

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @HawkmanNI,

your TV is no playback device like a soundbar, a speaker or a pair of headphones, so playing it via Bluetooth won't work from what I can tell.

Try connecting your PC to the same (WiFi-)Network as the TV and right click the audio file - you should be able to click the fourth option in the dropdown menu to stream it to your TV.

Depending on the media player you are using, you can stream full playlists to your TV this way as well.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
HawkmanNI
New

Many thanks for that Betreff, I will try what you suggested. 

profile.country.GB.title
HawkmanNI
New

Just to conclude, I was able to get my iTunes playlist working through my new Sony TV from my laptop by casting it instead of Bluetoothing it. Thanks again.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @HawkmanNI,

thanks for getting back to me - I am glad that you got it to work :grin:

- Nic