Join now - be part of our community!

Brand new Sony Bravia KD65XD9305BU (4k HDR)

profile.country.GB.title
pashear1892

Brand new Sony Bravia KD65XD9305BU (4k HDR)

Hi,

I have recently purchased and installed the 65" Sony XD93.. and I have 4 pieces of equipment connected to the 4 x HDMI (all set to enhanced). A Sky Q box, PS4 Pro, XBox One S, and a Apple TV latest generation..

After the TV had been turned on for approximately 4 hours the who bottom querter of the screen is unreadable.  just lines of colour going vertically.. the top 3 quarters of the screen stayed looking ok..

I tried rebooting and resetting and the problem came back, I tried putting the HDMI ports back to standard and droping down the resolution of all 4 products with still the same results..

I purchased the TV from Curry's PC World here in the UK... I can post video's and photos of the problem..  Can anyone help me cure the problem? or is this a faulty unit that needs replacing? the latest firmware update was applied when I 1st configured the TV..

I'm very unhappy with this situation to say the least  😞

Thanks

Paul.IMG_1671.JPGIMG_1677.JPG

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

My advice is contact PC World, get it replaced or refunded, refuse any repair,

4 hours is too short a life, even for one of these Sony Android sets,

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
pashear1892

Thanks for your advice..

I took delivery of the Tv on the 25th Nov, and it's been sat in its box until around Dec 24th as I was trying to get my new home sorted out, beds etc and then I finally got to the Tv this Saturday..  so at that point it's been with me a month..

I rang the Curry's PC World telephone line, pressed all the relevent choices.. flat screen TV, brand Sony etc and then it basically gave me a helpline number for Sony..  should I call Sony or try PC World again to just get through to a Customer services person? or is the ball in Sony's park now?.

Not sure on my consumer rights

Thank you

Paul.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

My advice, like Royabrown above, is to contact the retailer and get them to sort it out.  As you purchased it from PC World, your contract is with them.

Please see this thread for general advice on your consumer rights:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/general-chat/consumer-rights-act-2015/m-p/2055673

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
pashear1892

Thanks for your input folks..

I called Currys/PC World this morning expecting a nightmare..

BUT I was greeted with some of the best customer service I have encountered in the past 5 weeks, and during thi ***** 5 weeks what with moving home.. I've encountered some particualrly bad service from the likes of BT Business, Dreams beds to name just a couple..

Long and short of it, is that a replacement will arrive this Saturday and my faulty unit will be taken away!

So fingers crossed that all goes well..

Cheers

Paul.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@pashear1892 wrote:

Thanks for your input folks..

I called Currys/PC World this morning expecting a nightmare..

BUT I was greeted with some of the best customer service I have encountered in the past 5 weeks, and during thi ***** 5 weeks what with moving home.. I've encountered some particualrly bad service from the likes of BT Business, Dreams beds to name just a couple..

Long and short of it, is that a replacement will arrive this Saturday and my faulty unit will be taken away!

So fingers crossed that all goes well..

Cheers

Paul.

That's nice to hear, Paul, both from your point of view, and from that of anybody wondering if Currys/PCWorld are good to do business with!

So good luck for Saturday, and let's hope you have better luck with the replacement set.

And do let us know how it turns out!

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
pashear1892

Can anyone tell me if all the 4 HDMI ports on the Bravia KD65XD9305BU support 4K HDR?

Or is it just 2 of the ports as I have read about other Sony Bravia models..?

Thanks

Paul.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

On the XD93 series TV, all 4 HDMI port support 4K with HDCP 2.2 and upto 18Gbps. 

Some lower models only support 18Gbps speeds for 2 HDMI ports, and the other 2 at 9Gbps.  Hence the reason why the advice on some TVs is to use the higher speed ports for certain devices (PS4 Pro, Sky Q Silver etc)

Cheers