Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia 2015 50W805C soundbar audio sync

Shreddy_Steve
Explorer

Bravia 2015 50W805C soundbar audio sync

Hello

Bought a new 50" Bravia 2015 50W805C along with a HT NT3 soundbar.

Whatever i do, the sound being sent to the soundbar from external devices is always out of sync and the sync options on the soundbar do not help.

Sound is fine through the TV speakers, but not when sent to the soundbar.

Everything is connecting to the TV via HDMI (PS4, AppleTV, Sky+HD) with 1 HDMI cable going to the soundbar.

Tried all the obvious things - resets, cable changes, port changes - but i can't get anywhere.

Anyone encouted similar issues?

Thanks - Steve

2 REPLIES 2

Hello Steve,

I have also sync problems with my TV Bravia KD49X8308CB and HT-NT3 Soundbar. I have tried nearly every settting and changed the cables (HDMI ARC) and optical, ...

In my case, problems seem to occur after a certain period of operation. I cannot put my finger on it: it is the TV or the Soundbar? A switch to eg. bluetooth input and back to TV helps, but not long. After a while, sound gets once again not synchronized with the images of the TV.

It is really frustrating, and I DO NOT get any REAL help of the Belgium helpdesk!

Hope my messages helps or triggers some help from SONY.

Best regards,

Peter Timmermans

Belgium

Shreddy_Steve
Explorer

Hi Peter,

I managed to find the source of the problem.

The TV was not able to send a Dolby Digital or DTS signal to the sound bar in sync.

Eg:

- PS4 (DTS) > TV > Soundbar

- Sky+ (Dolby Digital) > TV > Soundbar

To solve the issue, i set all devices to output Linear PCM and that seemed to solve the issue.

If i remember, when i attached the devices direct to the Soundbar, i got much better results. 

Since then, Sony have released mutliple updates for both the Soundbar and the TV and the issue seems to be resolved.

I exhanged my Soundbar, and went through 5 different TVs (problems with the backlight) and got the same problems, so i doubt there's anything wrong with your equipment.

Hope that helps

Steve