Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia 55XD8005 HDMI ARC audio dropouts

HenleyBranch
Explorer

Bravia 55XD8005 HDMI ARC audio dropouts

Have just connected up brand new Bravia 55XD8005. Has anyone else with this model experienced short audio dropouts when connected visit ARC HDMI?

Have switched cables and reset TV and Denon AVR x3000 amp, so is this likely to be firmware I am wondering?

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

There has been some reports of various issues with HDMI-ARC and specifically Denon AV Receivers - but to be honest, I havent looked into this issue too much as of yet.  But will see if I can find more information (probably next week though, after New Year) - but I dont think specifically with audio dropouts

See this link too:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/arc-not-working-with-kd-55xd8599-and-denon-avr-x2300/td-p...

Also, this is posted on the Sony German forums under their bugs and issues thread:

HDMI-ARC - Denon.jpg

Some Questions:

1. How often are the audio drop outs?
  2. What are you watching (i.e broadcast TV, bluray etc)?
  3. Is there a specific device that it only happens on?
  4. Is the Denon firmware upto date?
  5. Have you tried factory resetting both AV Receiver and TV?

Cheers

jocoope99
Explorer

Hi

I have the same issue with ARC with TV connected to Sony AMP. For example if watching Netflix or Amazon Video via the APPS on the TV with the audio being sent to amp via HDMI ARC. I can be watching for an hour with no issue. Then Audio will cut out for second, come back for a few seconds and then stop completely. Video continues on ok. Power cycling the amp does not bring sound back. However if i disconnect the HDMI cable and then reconnect it again then audio returns and everything continues on working fine until the next time it drops which could be 20 minutes or several hours. No pattern to it from what i can tell and does not matter what the source is.

Its almost like some sort of handshaking issue crops up and the audio is dropped because connection is dropped. Disconnecting the cable and reconnecting again seems to kick it back in to action, so whatever happens by removing the cable seems to generate whatever reset is required to get it back in to working order.

HenleyBranch
Explorer

Thanks for the response, Happy New Year to you. 

Thanks for the suggestions, I had already found the earlier post in the forum, but my issue doesn't seem to be quite the same, it is more a quick (and annoying) glitch. 

How often are the audio drop outs?

They vary from none in an hour to every few minutes. They are less than a second in duration, video is unaffected.

What are you watching (i.e broadcast TV, bluray etc)?

Affects all sources routed via ARC from the TV: broadcast, Netflix, Prime etc. 

Is there a specific device that it only happens on?

Any TV-based source, other sources such as BDP, Apple TV etc are all fine. 

Is the Denon firmware upto date?

Yes. Denon firmware is: 4800-8776-1654 and Sony Bravia is: Version 6.0.1

Have you tried factory resetting both AV Receiver and TV?

I haven't as yet, as I don't want to lose all the setup on the Denon (assignments, speaker setup, IP address, etc)

My speculation is that it is some form of HDMI handshaking issue with the TV, as the problem manifests itself with two different cables, but oddly it isn't a consistent time period. 

The TV is otherwise great, but I need to get this fixed. I will I'll raise the issue with Sony and Denon support.

HenleyBranch
Explorer

Hi there, Happy New Year. 

My symptom doesn't seem to be quite the same: my audio glitches the drops are always for less than a second. The cause may be the same though.

profile.country.GB.title
Garethrobson
Explorer

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I bought a new soundbar and I am having the same issue 😞

jocoope99
Explorer

Hi

To be honest the problem itself has now gone for me, I am not sure if it was
by firmware update to the TV or the fact I changed the cables on my setup
but I no longer experience this issue and have not done so for so long I
actually forgot about it. Sorry I cannot be more precise about cause.