Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia A1 4K HDR with PlayStation 4 PRO

profile.country.DK.title
stampeh
New

Bravia A1 4K HDR with PlayStation 4 PRO

I cannot get a HDR picture from my Playstation 4 Pro to my Sony KD65A1 65" BRAVIA OLED 4K HDR TV.

HDR works fine with Apple TV in both HDMI port 2 and 3 (and of cause High resolution is enabled in TV settings).

I'm using High Speed 2.0 HDR HDMI cabels (HDCP 2.2 with 18 Gbit/s)

I have tried a lot.. Does anyone know what is wrong? Is it i.e. an official fix from Sony that is needed (and that I haven't heard of yet). 

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Please make sure you have connected your PS4 using the HDMI cable that comes in the box to the A1 on either HDMI input 2 or 3. Then also as you mention yourself, make sure that under HOME > Settings > External Inputs > Enhanced HDMI Signal is set to ON. The next step is follow the instructions as suggested on this video: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/system---hardware/sound---screen/ps4--how-to...

Final step is to enjoy playing HDR games on your brand new 65 inches of OLED TV!

profile.country.DK.title
stampeh
New

I have newer been able to view Grand Torismo in HDR. Until today, where I found a HDR setting in the GT game setting! Why .. why would they disabled such a thing as default?!! 

And there's a bug. When viewing youtube direct from the TV app, there is no showing "HDR" in upper right corner when navigating to "Action menu" --> "Picture" as there usually are. The 4K HDT youtube test movie looks like HDR but you cannnot check it. 

It should be fixed. 

Thanks for the help dutchice.

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Glad to hear you got it working and are now enjoying the TV, also thanks for posting back your results.

The TV YouTube app doesn’t support HDR playback of HDR YouTube videos yet. The expectation is that this will be introduced by Google this year to the YouTube app.