Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia App issues

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Blinkinhek
Explorer

Bravia App issues

One of my apps on the TV (Now TV) came up with a message saying the app needed updating. It took me to the Google Play Store which showed a message that it could not connect:

"Something went wrong ... Check your Wi-Fi or get a notification when your connection comes back"

Clicking directly on the Google Play Store App on the Home screen produces the same result.

I have done all the checks I could find that have been posted ... Clock/Date/Time,  Power cycling, Clearing cache etc, Checking for system updates (the TV tells me it is up-to-date) .... 

I have not tried a Factory Reset yet (dreading because I am not sure I have a note of all the various logins that would probably be needed)

Any thoughts please? 

TIA

Tags (2)
13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
llima27

Clearly space doesn't seem to be an issue. Sorry I don't have the same model as you and ran out of obvious ideas.

Check passwords.google.com before you reset to factory. You may find out most of your passwords are saved there. This will make your re-setup easier. I think I remember you were concerned about not remembering your passwords?

profile.country.GB.title
Blinkinhek
Explorer

Thanks for your help.

I will keep you posted if I resolve ... otherwise it will be a new TV (possibly not a Sony!)

profile.country.GB.title
Blinkinhek
Explorer

I gritted my teeth and did a 'Factory Reset' 

This has everything working again.

Just have my Prime account to get  the password for off my daughter when she comes home from work!

I assume an update messed up an app which corrupted others. The first thing that I noticed going wrong was BBC iPlayer.

Anyway thanks again for your efforts!

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Blinkinhek, I'm glad it worked, thank you for updating the thread.