Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia: av2 to audio system not working

profile.country.GB.title
minioz
New

Bravia: av2 to audio system not working

Hi all,

I own a Sony Bravia KD-55XE8505 Android TV.

I plug my turntable RCAs to the Component Inputs (L - R) and a video burst generator to fake the video signal.

The sound is transmitted and I can play it through the TV speakers. But when I try to select the Audio System I have no sound (however this Audio System works with all Android Apps I use...).

Any hint on a setup point I might be missing?

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@minioz 

How are you expecting the sound to reach the Audio System, (e)ARC or optical out?

And what is the Audio System, make and model?

My first thought is that you are using analogue inputs; and while the TV can cope with these, bypassing its internal DAC (Digital to Analogue Converter), it does not have the ADC (work it out 😀) it would need to put the signal from the turntable onto its digital outputs.

If you have analogue inputs, RCAs, on the Audio System, why not put the turntable through those?

Or failing that, you could buy an inline ADC that would let you run the turntable through that, into a digital in such as HDMI:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Converter-Wavlink-Composite-Adapter-Support-RCA-HDMI/dp/B078HXTRBF/ref=sr_1...

I don’t have this unit, so this is a signpost, not a recommendation, but if it is as described, it should do what you want. And someone has asked your probable next question:-

Q: Want to use it to connect record player to tv so i only want it for audio (2 phono outputs from record player) to hdmi input on 4k tv. will it work?
A: It should work
By CB on 24 July 2019

Beware of the ones that go to optical, as I don't believe your TV will accept optical in, and only provides optical out. But the above unit is as cheap as any optical-only ADC anyway.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
minioz
New

Hi @royabrown2,

Thanks for the quick answer. I am using a Bose Soundtouch 300 connected via ARC (only ARC and optical inputs). Any hint to this one?

I did not think about the possibility of the TV being able to deal with analog but the audio system only being a pass through.

I will look into this

Thanks again