Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia can't disable Daydream

SOLVED
rasmus.franke
Explorer

Bravia can't disable Daydream

Recently bought a Bravia for the purpose of displaying a browser based dashboard at our office, running all day only turning it off at nights/weekends. However, Bravia forces daydream at "inactivity", with timers only going up to max 1h. So basicly we have to touch the remote every hour. If daydream is "disabled", the TV turns off instead after 60 minutes.

Is there any solution to this? Seems very weird for a modern TV not to have such basic options.'

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there @Andy-R

I dont think your issue is with Daydream, i believe it is with Idle TV Standby, which is probably set to 1hr.  So set this to OFF 

Settings > Power > Eco > Idle TV Standby

Cheers

Andy-R
Explorer

yep, i think you might be right. bit trigger happy there... sorry about that 😕

Johny3
Explorer

Thanks you expert. This works for my Bravia. i was in search of this problem. Finally got solved. 

Normis83
Explorer

I think you need to go to the settings and then you can deselect the Daydream option. This might disable the Daydream.

rasmus.franke
Explorer

It's currently not possible to turn off daydream. They are working on this feature apparently, so hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Zwork1985
Explorer

Hello every
Do you fix this problem??
If yes, how??

Thanks

LaurenceHerbert
Explorer

Guys,

A workaround for this problem is here - 

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/remove-daydream-android-tv-sony-quot-solution-quot/td-p/...

Thanks very much to Quinnicus and LucasdaMata

Anonymous
Not applicable

This work around has been confirmed for 2015 and 2016 Android TV models:

Work Around:

Credit to LucasdaMata for posting this work-around HERE.

1. Go to Settings > Daydream and set 'When to Sleep' to 'Never'
  2. Activate developers mode by going to Settings > About > Build and press OK 7 times
  3. Go out of settings completely (back to home screen)
  4. Go to Settings > Developers Mode > General and set 'Stay Awake' to 'On'
  5. Return out of settings and use web browser as you wish.

Note: Developers mode must stay enabled for this to work.  To disable developers mode, you must do a factory reset.

marytt1106
Explorer

We just got a Songy 900E TV and this Fix also worked great on that TV. At First I could not find the Developer Utility section, but I had to scroll all the way to the right under the Setting Page (was in about the third row of options on that Settings page all the way to the right of the page). Under Developer you chose General as noted in the fix and set Stay Awake to ON. Yeah problem fixed!!!

so happy because even the Store people did not know how to turn this Daydream off! 

profile.country.GB.title
Eewec_Ourbyni
Explorer

Thank you! Been using my Bravia 43" as my main PC screen. There's nothing more annoying than playing a computer game and suddenly there's a message telling you to press a button on the remote or the TV will go to sleep. Middle of a fast paced game and you suddenly having to scramble to find the remote is not helpful. This works on my Bravia KD-43XF8796.

EDIT: Worked perfectly last night. .... but today got prompt to press a button on my remote (Setting in dev options is still set to "Stay awake")