Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia dropping internet even when hard wired.

Jayemmf
New

Bravia dropping internet even when hard wired.

Hi folks I have a Bravia KD-49XF7596 and have used it on Wi-Fi for a while now through a NowTV broadband router and have had the signal, as many have posted, saying internet disconnected then 2 seconds later internet connected. Following the information posted in the community I bought a ethernet cable and coupled directly between the TV and the router and then turned off Wi-Fi on the TV, hoping that this would cure the issue. However it is still the same and even on occasions says the ethernet is disconnected which seems only to be resolved by either restarting the TV, or restarting the router. Reviewing the issue on the NowTV web site states that the router cannot be set as a static IP address and must be set on DCHP. Is the issue with the TV itself or is there any other way to connect the router to stop this continual sigal drop and messages appearing when trying to watch programs?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Jayemmf 

Try to have something else around that is on the internet, and will show you when it has dropped, when this happens to the TV.

Then if that drops also, you know the issue is with your NowTV broadband, and not the Sony TV. And vice versa.

The NowTV Community is rife with reports of NowTV Broadband dropping across a swathe of devices, just as this Community is rife with reports of Sony TVs dropping broadband across a swathe of ISPs, so it could go either way.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
williamfsmith

I haven't got a magic solution but the Router always has a static IP address, its the devices connected to it that are given IP addresses by the Router (DHCP). Back in the day this would be the first available (Lowest number IP address from the DHCP Pool) but these days Routers are more intelligent and give the same IP address to a device each time it connects. As long as you know the IP address assigned by the Router each time (Viewed in the Router settings) it makes static IP addresses somewhat redundant.

profile.country.GB.title
Mrhappy37

Hi, make sure that time is set to internet in time date settings. If this doesn’t cure it then turn off ipv6 lan setting in the router. I done this on my sky router and it cured the problem.