Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia internet access

SOLVED
jonty7
Explorer

Bravia internet access

Hope you can help

bought a bravia KDL 32w705C a couple of days ago and have a few questions

1.accessed the internet, and the itv website (the hub), but have limited functionality. Can move to various programmed screens, but can't progress beyond that as the use of direction key and select is limited/restricted.  Don't know whether the restriction is at tv level or server?  

Seems to work OK on the lotto site, but still have difficulty decided whats the best numbers!!

Think this route to ITV and DO4 must be a non-runner.

Any suggestions?

2. note the tv  has a progamme record facility

Only want to use it a few hours or so each week

Do you know it will record a programme whilst you watch another?

Any suggestions  on HDD

Any help or afvice much appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

ITVHub and Demand4 catchup services are not supported - hence they do not work.

In regards to HDD recording, if its only a fewchours each week, you could just use s 64GB (or 128GB) USB Drive instead of a hdd?

I dont believe you can record one program whilst watching another, this woruld require twin tuners shich the tv doesnt have.  

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

ITVHub and Demand4 catchup services are not supported - hence they do not work.

In regards to HDD recording, if its only a fewchours each week, you could just use s 64GB (or 128GB) USB Drive instead of a hdd?

I dont believe you can record one program whilst watching another, this woruld require twin tuners shich the tv doesnt have.  

Cheers

stmwatch
Explorer

I discovered that ITVhub had limited function (ITV1 was greyd out) and checked with the shop from which the set came. In the shop it was discovered that some of their display sets had the same problem, others didn't. After checking with Sony and experimenting for ten minutes the shop's engineer solved it by disabling the YouView setup (under Settings), returning to ITVhub and clicking on autotuning. Unfortunately it hasn't worked for me but clearly worth trying - I shall return to the shop and check that I haven't missed something!

Elsewhere it has been pointed out that the hub needs to know your postcode because there are legal restraints on ITV1 being shown in some parts of the UK. In the shop the engineer didn't enter a postcode and it worked; at home I've tried both and haven't got it working yet. I wondered if the 'out-of-the-box' functionality might be determined by the factory region in which the set is first set up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

ITVHub and 4OD catchup services are available if YouView is enabled.  YouView is only available on Sony Android TVs.  The original poster on this thread does not have an Android based TV, hence no ITVHub or 4OD.

If you do have an Android based tv, and located in the UK, then these two catchup services should work for you if YouView is enabled.

Cheers