Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KD-49X8305C screen keeps going black and trying to restart

profile.country.GB.title
spiderrog
Explorer

Bravia KD-49X8305C screen keeps going black and trying to restart

I have this Bravia KD-49X8305C since 2016 and so I think it should still be working ok. However of late the screen keeps dropping out to a black screen and complete loss of picture. It struggles to come back which sometimes it does only to drop off again a few minutes later. A visit to my Sony man in John Lewis Southampton came up with the suggestion that I had to hold in the power button for a while to force the tv to power off and once this is done the whirly Android circles start up and I presume this reboots the tv. OK this is a possible solution but it sometimes just drops back to a black screen shortly afterwards again leaving me to think that the reboot didn't resolve the problem. Has anyone got any suggestions please, reboot my router i suppose but I am not having any interenet issues elsewhere in the house. The internet connection to the Bravia is by way of a Virgin Media superhub connected through powerline sockets upstaits to the downstairs socket for the TV. As it is now just over two years old I suppose I could replace it but the Sony man didn't think this neccesary just yet but this drop off in the product makes me wonder. I have always liked the Sony products but there doesn't seem to be any value in loyalty these days and I am beginning to think about changeing manufacturer but before I make the leap can anyone come up with a reason for this problem please and how if at all, it can be fixed. I do have a video recording on my phone of this most recent failure should any Sony technician wish to take a look and investigate the problem. - feel free to call me and discuss if you wish - cheers all ROGER WEBB

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey vispen74, what's the model number? The one you posted doesn't pop up. 

Also, does it do a full restart? How often does it happen? Is it daily? 

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@HannahEd01 

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/abschalt-timer-bei-sony-xd-9505/td-p/3747049

A German model?

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.SE.title
vispen74

After a factory reset the TV works just fine again, at least for now.

And sorry for the moss typing, it is XD8505. 

profile.country.SE.title
vispen74

Sorry, should be XD8505.

It happened every one to ten minutes or so, but after factory reset it seems to be solved. Not sure for how long though. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey vispen74, glad to hear it, monitor it for a while and let me know if it happened again.