Join now - be part of our community!

BRAVIA KD-55AG8 turns off after few seconds after turning on

profile.country.LT.title
basicreplay
Explorer

BRAVIA KD-55AG8 turns off after few seconds after turning on

I'm using this TV for quite some time and everything was perfect. Recently I noticed that after turning TV on after night it turns on, shows Apple TV interface and turns off after few seconds. After turning on once more, there's no problems anymore till the next day. I'm using Apple TV and ATV remote to operate. I believe it started happening after I started getting those annoying "NO WIFI" banner notifications, so I turned all Android services via apps menu etc. Yesterday I did complete reset on my TV and I still have same problem unfortunately. I believe that 100% software issue. Any ideas? Thanks.

Tags (3)
20 REPLIES 20
profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

@basicreplay  Great, sounds like you've fixed it...please mark as solved. i.e Use the Sony remote and not Apple TV remote and yep it could be a firmware problem if your TV or Apple have just updated their firmware.

profile.country.LT.title
basicreplay
Explorer

What great about this? I still have a problem when turning my TV using Apple TV, I must turn on with SONY remote first and just then use Apple TV, I had zero problems before firmware update.

profile.country.LT.title
basicreplay
Explorer

It's not fixed.

profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

Which firmware update was it? 5he Sony TV or Apple TV? Either way contact their support. Plus I also thought you said it only happened after messing with Android TV apps? Did you do a factory reset without anything plugged in except aerial and internet cable?

profile.country.LT.title
basicreplay
Explorer

I "messed" with android apps, meant that disabled some programs and updated everything, after I started having problems I did factory reset. As I'm trying to explain, the issue is when I turn on the TV with Apple remote, not with Sony one. Of course, I can do what I'm doing now: turning on using Sony remote and then using Apple TV remote separately, however this was not an issue before I did an update. People have same issues with Sky TV box, it's here on this support forum, exactly same situation.

profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

I will ask again WHAT did you update? The SONY TV or the APPLE TV? Because if it was Apple then you need to speak to them if it's the Sony then you will have to wait for another Firmware update and you should contact Sony support and tell them. They will say we know about the issue and are working in a fix....this in my experience will take 1x Year. If you an make it work by using the Sony remote and the Apple remote then this is the workaround and the "fix" This issue is then resolved as best it can be for now until the firmware update.

profile.country.LT.title
basicreplay
Explorer

I updated Sony TV, not Apple TV, it should be clear from my first post.

profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

No it's not that why I'm asking. Either way I don't work for Sony and just offer a bit of help. If it's not helping and it's just winding you up, I will stop. Bye. Contact Sony Support.

profile.country.LT.title
basicreplay
Explorer

This issue is not related to any specific device, it's Sony TV problem when another device is trying to turn on TV via HDMI connection. That's why other people having same issues with different external devices. 

profile.country.GB.title
Eskimosony

Try switching your Bravia Sync setting on and any other HDMI control settings on the TV and Apple TV... usually worded allow Power Off/On devices with HDMI. Both the TV and Apple TV will have these settings. 

Also check your Bravia Sync Device List and Enable Apple TV