Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KD49XF8096 49-Inch

profile.country.GB.title
glebond
Explorer

Bravia KD49XF8096 49-Inch

Hello,

I have recently bought a brand new Bravia KD49XF8096 49-Inch TV and I'm wondering about the digital freeview twin tuner it is supposed to have. I have put a 64GB usb stick in it for recording and it does a great job at recording but it won't let me switch channels while doing so? Am I wrong to assume it is capable of this function or is there something I'm missing?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@glebond

Where did you see the reference to twin tuners?

Richer Sounds think not. Under Specification there, it says “Twin Tuners No”.

OTOH, Amazon have the screen as 1080p, which is clearly wrong (I have pointed this out to them now so perhaps it will be changed by the time anybody else looks it up), so perhaps the Richer Sounds info is not reliable either.

But I can’t find anything that says this TV does have twin Freeview tuners; hopefully, you can point me to something that supports this.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
glebond
Explorer

Thanks for your input @royabrown

I think you might be right and it doesn't have a twin tuner. I did find a site which gave a full list of specs and it did say yes for twin tuner so didn't bother to confirm it elsewhere. Having just been on the sony website it says 1 tuner for satelite and 1 tuner for digital/analogue. I think with it being a fairly new TV there is mistakes in the specs on different sites. 

Thanks again!