Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia KDL-55W755C not responding

Bravia KDL-55W755C not responding

Hi,

I have a problem with my KDL-55W755c

If it is left for a period, say 6 hours the LED will shine but the TV is not on. I can turn the TV on with the remote but then it doesn't respond to the remote, the LED doesn't change and I have to turn the power off to the TV after theis it works fine. I can't power it down with the remote or the power button at the back of the TV, it has to be completely switched off at the socket.

I have tried a reset and hard reset of all settings and still seems to do it. I did install a couple of apps before this all started happening. It doesn't always do this. I have uninstalled the apps and also purged the cache.

Any suggestions?

25 REPLIES 25
bobruce70
Explorer

I totally agree with you about it should have been fixed by now. My issue has returned again and it's hit or miss whether it will start without freezing.

I appreciate there is a work around with the app and factory resetting but this is now unacceptable. I bought a TV and a remote control and the remote does not operate the TV most of the time on startup. I keep checking whether there has been a firmware update but am losing faith now.

I am considering returning the TV to the retailer as being unfit for purpose.

profile.country.GB.title
Robert_W
Explorer

When are 2015 models getting updated to marshmallow android?

No response from the remote. It's a very random problem and I cannot seem to replicte it. It just does it when it wants.

I would have thought SONY would have this issue licked by now. I really don't want to have to keep resetting it, ive already lost my perfect pictures settings.

I am using wireless but cannot use ethernet due to the TVs location.

It seems strange that the problem can be allieviated using the app

Kalle_in_Sweden
Explorer

I have resigned and now I'm waiting some minute until the LED light up under the bottom of the TV after switching on the main voltage.
Then I directly press the start button on remote control ! 

It always works !

Perhaps an update of the softwareit will occure some day in the future  - you'll never know!

/ Kalle in Sweden

profile.country.GB.title
webby73
Explorer

Having to turn my TV on/off just to get it to work properly is now beyond a joke! And yes, I still have to do this when using the Video and TV Sideview app on my phone. I shall be contacting Sony today, and any other relevant organisation to get this rectified, as my TV isn't fit for purpose.
bobruce70
Explorer

I contacted Sony by email and they haven't bothered to answer. These TV's are not fit for purpose.

Sent from my iPhone