Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia Sync keeps going on and off with my ps3 & ps4 PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME BEFORE I GO CRAZY LOL

SOLVED
Tharemarkable
Explorer

Bravia Sync keeps going on and off with my ps3 & ps4 PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME BEFORE I GO CRAZY LOL

Hi there,

I have the Sony Bravia Curved 4k & 3D KD55S8505C and the HDMI cables 1.4 for BOTH my ultra slim white ps3 and white ps4. My problem is that, at times the bravia sync will pick up the consoles then at times it will go off and not come on at all. What is the problem?? Because it's doing my head in now. I have been reading up about it and saw that factory reset could help. It did for a few hours then went back off again. Can someone PLEASE help me fix this! It should be a simple click enable control for hdmi and bravia sync and done ARGGGHH! lol.

Thank you in advance.

Fes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Youve not mentioned your Sky box before.  It is possible this is the cause - unplug the sky box completely and test.

If this works, replace HDMI cable on sky box. 

Troubleshooting steps.

1. Unplug literally EVERTHING connected to the TV.  Just leave power cable and aerial connected
  2. Plug ONE device, such as the PS3 and test.  Remember to turn TV power off before plugging in cables.
  3. Once you are happynthat it works, plug another device into the tv and test. And eventually you might get to the cause of which device is causing the conflict.

Replace old/worn HDMI cables with decent quality shielded ones.

Cheers

If 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Oooo, sounds like a challenge to get you to go crazy :slight_smile:

To be honest, im not too suure how to help you, but i guess we need to start with basic troubleshooting.

1. Ensure you have the latest firmware installed.  If you have to install a new FW, do a factory reset.  If not, dont as you have already done so.
  2. What is the quality of those HDMI cables?  Meaning: are they free from defects and are they sufficiently 'shielded'
  3. Try another HDMI cable
  4. Plug one device in at a time and test - leave the other disconnected whilst testing one.

Give that a go and see what happens.

Cheers

Tharemarkable
Explorer

Haha yes very much lol.

OK:

1) I have installed the new FW and a factory reset.

2) Literally brand new. No defects or anything like that and yes they are shielded.

3) I had boughy 3 cables, 1 for the ps3 and 1 for the ps4 anf I have 1 spare. I tried the spare 1 and still the same things consists.

4) I had tried that, forgot to mention with all the crazyness lol sorry. I had the PS4 cable in ONLY and it picked it up. But I don't know how long it stayed like that because after a few hours I come back to the TV and put in the PS3 cable in and it still worked, then a couple hours later again they both gone off :(.

Thank you for your response and advice, need more help though lol. Have you ever experienced this? Not just with the Playstations but any other devices to sync with the bravia?

Kind Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive not seen or heard of this issue between PS3/PS4 to the tv.  Now one thing i didnt mention is that HDMI cables are not ment to be hot-swapped in and out.  So you really should be turning the tv off to either plug one in or take one out.

I occasionally experience this issue called HDMI handshaking failure on one of my non-sony devices. This is on first powering up the device.  The easiest temporary fix is to literally flick the power switch on the wall for 20 seconds and switch it all back on again.  I mention temporary fix, simply because i have not managed to find a perminent solution as of yet.

Now, if the HDMI connection is cutting out whilst the device is in use - this is another matter altogether?  Can you confirm?  If so, are the cables actually fully connected (seated) in correctly?

Edit: thought id add the following :nauseated_face:

960.jpg

Tharemarkable
Explorer

Oh ok. Yeah, I did that when I kept pulling them out and putting them in lol, didn't want to get any electric shocks or blow up my precious tv lol.

Oh right, that must suck. Why not make it the function easy, plug and play, so annoying lol.

Well, if by "cutting out" you mean it goes off, then no, that's not the problem. Everything works fine, PS3/4, it's just that the it won't show the devices in the Bravia Sync menu so it enables. If i was mistaken by what you said, then apologies. I have had only few hours sleep and really tired lol. Yes, I make sure them (really wanna curse here lol but I don't want to get banned lol) CABLES (lol) are firmly in lol.

HAHA yes, that's exactly how I feel when it comes to this bravia sync lol.

I will reply tomorrow now as it is 1am and I am knackered lol. So thanks for your help so far and I will reply back tomorrow if you have any other soulutions.

KInd Regards and goodnight for now.

Tharemarkable
Explorer

New update: I unplugged the ps4 HDMI, then turned on the ps3 and then re-plugged the ps4 cable back in and it seems to be working fine for now. I will update if it goes back off again. And again, if you have any further fixes, please reply.

Tharemarkable
Explorer

New update: So, I unplugged my ps4 cable, put on the ps3 and the sync worked. Then I switched off the TV and plugged in the PS4 cable and they both worked. I switched the main plugs on and off, it still worked. But today, it stopped working 😞 lol. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS, LIKE SERIOUSLY LOL. Just to let you know, I have my Sky+ HD box in there with a regular HDMI cable, it's a red one with a gold pin at the end, I don't know which version because my brother bought it centuries ago lol but I know it's not a V1.3 and higher because the HDMI control don't work on it. I also have my Mega Drive 2 (LOL) plugged into the TV via scart. I plugged the Sky and MD cables both out and still nothing comes up. This is VERY frustrating, ARRGGHH!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Youve not mentioned your Sky box before.  It is possible this is the cause - unplug the sky box completely and test.

If this works, replace HDMI cable on sky box. 

Troubleshooting steps.

1. Unplug literally EVERTHING connected to the TV.  Just leave power cable and aerial connected
  2. Plug ONE device, such as the PS3 and test.  Remember to turn TV power off before plugging in cables.
  3. Once you are happynthat it works, plug another device into the tv and test. And eventually you might get to the cause of which device is causing the conflict.

Replace old/worn HDMI cables with decent quality shielded ones.

Cheers

If 

Tharemarkable
Explorer

Hi again.

Yeah I forgot in all the crazyness lol sorry.

OK, well weirdly enough I was already trying this and just saw the email lol. It seems that it's the Ultra (Super) slim PS3 that's the problem :-S. But it can't be if it picks up it once in a blue moon? Like yesterday all day for example. I tried another cable, but same thing, it stops all the Sync :-S. What could possibly be wrong with the PS3 when it works fine and as I just said, it picks up the goddamn sync :-S.

Apart from the Sky cable, they are all new, but I replaced them all with new and still the same thing. The PS3 is the problem :-S, stops all the others to work with the Sync :-S. Any other suggestions?

EDIT: For some reason, my MD automatically switches over to its channel when I put it on but that's impossible as its not on via HDMI but scart :-S lol.

Tharemarkable
Explorer

OK, so after taking them out and finding what was causing the problem, which was the utrla slim ps3, it was actually the cable for the ps3. That is weird because i just had literally bought them :-S. So anyways, it's been working fine now, touch wood lol. Thank you for all your help! Much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Fes