Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia Sync

profile.country.GB.title
ccur62
New

Bravia Sync

Hello,

I have a KD-43X8305C TV, a HT-XT1 soundbase, a Virgin Tivo box and a Sony BluRay Player.

The TV and soundbase are conenected by optical cable and a hispeed HDMI cable from the soundbase 'out' port to HDMI 4 (ARC) port on the TV. The BluRay player is connected from by HDMI to a soundbase HDMI 'in' port. The Tivo box is connected by HDMI cable to the HDMI 2 port on the TV. Before I went on holiday about a month ago this set up worked perfectly, with the Tivo remote set up to switch the TV and soundbase on or off together, and to control the sound on either the TV speakers or the soundbase, depending on what output the TV was set for. Since returning from holiday, I can't get the TV and soundbase to sync properly so I now have to use three remotes. Also, the TV output to the soundbase keeps switching off and back to TV speakers, necessitating switching the soundbase off and back on. I hear there has been a Sony firmware update whilest I was on holiday which may have affected things. 

Any ideas anyone as this driving me nuts.

Thanks

CC62

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

In your description you have an optical cable AND a HDMI cable connected TV from the HT-XT1 - if this is the case, remove the optical cable - it is not necessary and can cause 'device confusion'.

Also, reboot the TIVO - it has been known to cause HDMI issues and a reboot fixes it.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
ccur62
New

Thanks Quinnicus,

The set up described has worked perfectly previous to the last month. If I remove the optical cable I get no sound at all from the HT-XT1. I’ve tried a TIVO reboot but that hasn’t worked.

I understand there has been a recent firmware update for my TV - could that be causing an issue?

Regards

CC62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I think we need to start over and take things from the top. 

Yes there was a firmware update to your TV just recently, version 3.885 was released.  So I suggest doing the following.

1. Turn TV OFF completely
  2. Remove the Optical cable
  3. Ensure that the HDMI cable is connected to the HDMI-ARC port on the TV (it should be HDMI4 on your TV)
  4. Ensure that the other end of the HDMI cable is connected to the HDMI-OUT port on the HT-XT1
  5. Turn TV on.
  6. Ensure that the TV Speakers are set to "Audio System"

You 'should' be getting sound now.  If not, considering that there was a firmware update and it happened after that, do a complete factory reset of the TV (leave the optical cable disconnected).  Instructions HERE.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
ccur62
New

OK Quinnicus, thanks. I'll give it a try.

Regards

CC62

Sent from my iPhone