Bravia won't stay connected to wifi

SOLVED
profile.country.IE.title
VladButin
New

Bravia won't stay connected to wifi

Hi guys,

I have recently bought a kd65xe8596. 

One issue that is beyond freustatinf at this point is that every day I have to reconnect it to the WiFi. Everyday I turn it on and it will say ''connected no internet'. After reconnecting it it then works fine all day until tomorrow comes and it's groundhog Day... 'connected no internet'.

No issues with wired. Just incredibly annoying having to go through this step every single day.

I have read online about turning the time and date setting off and on but that hasn't helped.

Any ideas why my TV is losing WiFi connectivity every night when it is turned off for hours?

Any help would be much appreciated.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

You probably are living in a flat/appartment where there exists lots of wireless networks. Try running a Wi-Fi frequency scanner tool called Acrylic Wi-Fi Home (ask Google) on a laptop at home. Then check under the tab "AP channels in 2.4GHz" to see if other wireless access points are occupying the channel your router is using. You can manually select a less busy channel on your router. Or perhaps even consider moving over to the 5.0GHz frequency range where much less devices are using it. Just be aware that the range of 5.0 GHz is not as large as 2.4 GHz. Please also note that if you frequently have switched your TV network settings from LAN to WLAN or vice versa, you want to make sure that you not only disable the method you don't use (in your case physically disconnect the LAN cable from the TV) but also that everytime you fully complete the Easy Connect wizard to do the switch.

View solution in original post

profile.country.IE.title
VladButin
New

Hi dutchice thank you so much for your response.

Yeah you nailed it I am living in an apartment building. I got the acrylic WiFi as you said and saw the channel I was on I was sharing with about ten other signals. I just changed to one that isn't being used by anything in range. I'll report back if it's still working tomorrow. Again thanks so much for your help. 

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

You probably are living in a flat/appartment where there exists lots of wireless networks. Try running a Wi-Fi frequency scanner tool called Acrylic Wi-Fi Home (ask Google) on a laptop at home. Then check under the tab "AP channels in 2.4GHz" to see if other wireless access points are occupying the channel your router is using. You can manually select a less busy channel on your router. Or perhaps even consider moving over to the 5.0GHz frequency range where much less devices are using it. Just be aware that the range of 5.0 GHz is not as large as 2.4 GHz. Please also note that if you frequently have switched your TV network settings from LAN to WLAN or vice versa, you want to make sure that you not only disable the method you don't use (in your case physically disconnect the LAN cable from the TV) but also that everytime you fully complete the Easy Connect wizard to do the switch.

profile.country.IE.title
VladButin
New

Hi dutchice thank you so much for your response.

Yeah you nailed it I am living in an apartment building. I got the acrylic WiFi as you said and saw the channel I was on I was sharing with about ten other signals. I just changed to one that isn't being used by anything in range. I'll report back if it's still working tomorrow. Again thanks so much for your help. 

profile.country.IE.title
VladButin
New

Thanks Dutchice, you nailed it. All good now I changed router channel.

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Give yourself a pat on the back, you earned it!

profile.country.GB.title
rodrigo991
Explorer

that app is PC only and I have a mac. The internet on my Bravia worked just fine until I did the recent Sony firmware update. I keep getting an error that says the source is out of range, the modem is slightly more than one meter away from the tv.  I am extremely frustrated by this. I can connect to the 2.5 but the 5. connectes for a short while then it's gone.

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Unfortunately Macs are meant for daily consumer use and not for professional engineering use, that's the reason why many tools and software packages are never built for Macs. The only way forward for you is to ask a friend with a windows laptop to come over and help you fix the Wi-Fi interference problem you have (using the step-by-step description above).

Wi-Fi setup and optimal use involves much more complex settings compared to wired networks. Neither your TV or modem are at fault here, it is the effect of other wireless devices (users in your vicinity) that is causing the loss of link.

profile.country.GB.title
LivingMichael
Explorer

I am having a similar problem, but I live on an acre, in the middle, with no other signals available.  Also, the Sony XBR-65X850C won't even search to find my wifi account, it requires me to put it in manual.  That isn't how it used to be, after I first bought the TV.  This happened one other time, and after months, it self resolved.  This time, it has been between a month anf two, still no changes.

I would love to hear why my usually amazing Sony TV is acting up every so often, without me even doing a thing.  And, I would love to hear how this issue can be resolved, in a permanent way, if possible.  Thank you for your time.

Wardini
New

I've just upgraded and then subsequently downgraded my BT internet as the Bravia TV connects to my smart hub but won't connect to the internet. BT told me that this is Sony's fault as their technology isn't keeping pace with the new internet technology. Which is NO GOOD to me. 

Anyone got any ideas on how to fix this?

profile.country.GB.title
rodrigo991
Explorer

I'm so sick of Sony and people here saying it's not a problem of Bravia but
rather my internet connection or my internet or my setup. Again I have
600mg Fibre Wifi, the router and modem are less than 2 meters away from my
Bravia tv and EVERY OTHER DEVICE in my home connects perfectly way, way
farther away than the tv, I never ever had the slightest problem with any
other device in my home and no, I'm not using them all at the same time.
Sony will never take responsibility for this problem. I have used Sony tvs
for more than 30 years, the picture is fantastic, the sound is very good as
well. Even when I am connected via ethernet cable, the wired LAN setting
says "Checking..." ALL the time, never "connected" even when it's working.
There IS A PROBLEM with this tv.