Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia XBR-55X800E Network Wired Connection Slow and Wifi won't connect after Oreo 8.0 Update

rcjones
Explorer

Bravia XBR-55X800E Network Wired Connection Slow and Wifi won't connect after Oreo 8.0 Update

I checked the network settings, disabled WIFI, using only wired connection.  I noticed after update, all my Static IP settings were incorrect.  I fixed that, Network Status shows connections are all OK.   When I tried YouTube App, it's constantly buffering ever 30 seconds or so.  Sometimes image freezes, but audio continues. I removed the YouTube app, and then reinstalled it.  Same issues occur.  I notice event he resolution of the videos keeps dropping to 240p, if I select 1080p, it black screens the app.  I installed the WebTV browser and ran the "SpeedTest" site, the TV can only get 1MB...  I had no issue before the update.  I have 30MB connection. I test laptop and PCs, the wifi and wired connections are fine, avg 30MB download.   I tried powering off TV holding down power for 5 seconds, it forced a reboot.  No luck.   YouTube App on the TV is pretty much useless now.  You can't watch more than 30 seconds without it buffering for 30 seconds.

For giggles, I tried using WIFI... that was worse.. it saw my two networks, but couldn't connect to either.. said out of range.. umm.. is 8ft out of range?   I can sit in my car in the parking lot and use my wifi. 

I was able to cast from my Android phone, it worked fine. Never buffered once.  The phone was using my networks WIFI, which has both 2.4 and 5 GHz. My phone uses 5Ghz.  

I tried casting from my laptop, TV refused, it hung on YouTube connecting screen. 

Any idea what I can try next?  Is there any reset for the network card?

my internal network uses 192.168.0.1 for gateway, I tried DNS's as my router 192.168.0.1, and then as the google one's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 - they seem to work.  I can see my TV connecting to my router.  

1 REPLY 1
rcjones
Explorer

After doing a factory reset, that seemed to fix some of it.  But the speed of the wired network was still bad.

I unplugged the network wire, and made it forget my wireless networks.  I tried it again and this time it connected to WIFI 5Ghz.  That's when I found the message to remove the wire connection to use wireless. :slight_smile: 

I did the speedtest, and it was 30MB - no more issue with YouTube.  Will have to see what happened to the wired connection.