Join now - be part of our community!

bravia xe8577 problems

profile.country.RO.title
bucsa22
Explorer

bravia xe8577 problems

Hi everybdy,

Nice to find this community to get some help related to sony android tv.

For few days, I own a 55xe8577 tv, with the latest updates, which I was very excited after readings reviews and technical specifications from internet.

But, starting to dig in settings, configuration, etc., I found many issues and no ideea how to solve:

1. For TV channels I use a digital cable subscription, using CI card, but TV channels can't be arranged in any way.

2. Sync Bravia not working with Sony Blu-ray Player or PS4 -  this is the most curious, or marantz 1504

3. I had connected a MARANTZ1504 to hdmi 3/ARC TV out, but even enabled ARC, in both devices ,the sound can't get out from tv and send to marantz., despite of all procedures followed in the guides.So another cable optical need to be in place.

4. Mastering 4k is available only for the 1080p signals that came from sony blue-ray or ps4. For the TV channels is not available.

5. Youtube: if play youtube from blue-ray or ps4 you can see youtube videos in 4k, but if you play youtube from tv app, no 4k available.

6. A dvd with Metallica concert that play nice on old Panasonic plasma, look ugly on xe85, even with mastered 4k enabled.

7. As a general observation, the OS is very unfriendly, for each action you need to go to several menus, eg: to switch sound from tv speaker to marantz and viceversa, many steps need to be performed every time.

I'm taking very serious in consideration to return it to the store and try a much user friendly tv ( my 2011 panasonic plasma, 6 years old, has a much easier way to operate it andother devices too)

best regards and any help will be really apreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi there,

We're looking into this for you and we'll be back in touch with a response as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Owen

profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi again,

We have a few suggestions for the points you've raised:

1: This usually happens when you have selected a provider during a channel search. When not selecting a provider you should be able to sort the channels.

2: Could you please try going one by one to identify and isolate the problem? It could be related to your Marantz receiver. It's also important to remember that HDMI control must be enabled on all devices.

3: As above – this could be an issue of your Marantz receiver not being compatible. Are you using high quality cables? Is the Marantz running the latest firmware?

4: 'Mastered in 4K' is only needed for special 'Mastered in 4K' discs. It has no effect on any other source and therefore isn’t available in TV mode.

5: Please check if you're running the latest firmware and if all your apps are up-to-date. This issue should have been fixed with the latest release.

6: As in question 4 – 'Mastered in 4K' has no effect on standard discs. With the higher resolution of your new TV you should be able to see much more detail. You could lowering the sharpness, and switching off all noise reductions – this should improve picture quality.

7: Please try using the 'Action' menu button on your remote – this might be quicker for you.

We hope this helps. Please do get back in touch if you have any further queries or concerns.

Thanks,

Owen

profile.country.RO.title
bucsa22
Explorer

Hi,
Thanks for your answer
The news are as follow:

1. Solved.
2.All the settings for HDMI BRAVIA Sync are done according to SONY BDP-S4500 and PS4 user manuals. New HDMI cables with ARC function connected  once a time between TV and those 2 devices, no Sync Answer.
3.The same new HDMI ARC cable between TV and Marantz, exactly according to Marantz manual, between HDMI ARC selected ports. No sound.
4. Here I have another opinion related to "Mastered in 4k".This option can be set on when inputs are PS4 or Sony BDP-S4500 Blu-ray. Even if in Blu-ray is a normal DVD or mkv file.
So is not dedicated to "Mastered in 4k discs"!!

The only input on which "Mastered in 4k" is not available is on TV channels or Youtube app.

5. Checked, the last available firmware is in place v6.2671

I need to mention that all this problems I had also send to official Sony customer support, with all the technical details and procedures followed, but their solution was only to go to a Sony service center, because and I quote "as need additional troubleshooting steps to enable some TV functions." Bad joke, right?
How is possible such answer for a new TV? It comes from the factory with some esential and elementary functions disabled?

Thanks for your support

profile.country.RO.title
bucsa22
Explorer

Hi,

some news related:

I returned the TV to store, because no way to enable ARC and Sync functions.

In different stores, try 3 different 8505 TV's about Sync function: on 1 works, on 2 don't.

Take a new 8505 ( with Android 6 and old firmware) and go home.

From the first moment ARC and Sync work without any problem, for 1 day.

Next day not work.

Tried all possible suggestions till now including resettings, disconnects, apps resets,etc.

Finally ARC not working, Sync work but only to Sony devices, not Marantz AVR.

Is clear that is a mass the "smart" part of Sony Android TV.

Now upgrading the firmware, see what is happening.

Shame Sony!!!!!

profile.country.RO.title
bucsa22
Explorer

After update to Android 7 not even Sync or ARC function not available.

What can be said more?