Join now - be part of our community!

BUG: Random restarts after updating to 6.0.1 v6.1004?

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

BUG: Random restarts after updating to 6.0.1 v6.1004?

I have got a 49XD8099 and recently updated (via USB) to the latest Android 6.0.1 version, v6.1004 (March 15 2017 release). I don't know if it has to do with the fact that after updating I could find out why I couldn't connect to the WiFi, and configured the tv to use WiFi accordingly, but since then I keep having the tv restarting Android randomly once or twice per day with the television in stand-by.

I first could notice it because after a reboot it goes to the HDMI 4 (since I don't have an antenna I have set it up that way to avoid turning on the PS4), and then checking with the side-loaded CPU-Z I can see the uptime. Now it just restarted in front of my eyes.

Again, the only difference is that I am now using WiFi. I'll try going back to wired and see if it happens again, still I am getting quite tired of this kind of issues. Anyone else getting the same problem?

109 REPLIES 109
profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Well, it has been two months now since I upgraded to Android 7.0. And never a reboot in standby. I think I am safe enough to claim that Sony/Mediatek fixed that one. Which is good news after all.

Instead, there is a guy in the Italian forum, owning an XE85, whom (who? Whoever? What?! Crap. I'll never learn it! - sorry)  still has BIG issues after the TV goes in standby. It doesn't reboot (well, we can't know for certain, actually), he has to turn it on using the physical button. Then it reboots. This after a couple of reset to factory settings as well.

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Kuschelmonschter wrote:

They will come back also for you, trust me.

Aaaaand.. You were right!! I have got my first reboot in standby an hour ago, during lunch. The TV was behaving funny indeed last night. Plex stuttering and a general slowness. I fixed it a bit closing the Plex app. Right now I just checked a thing to answer in a post and everything was loading (the Guide, Home, Discovery..).

At this point honestly I didn't miss these reboots. At least they refresh the system while in standby. Still I sure would rather have Sony/Mediatek fixing all those issues, reboots included!!

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

This might also be interesting concerning the nightly reboots.

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Yeah, that would make sense. With no antenna and disabling the network interfaces the TV should have no reason to exit deep sleep. Instead what I don't get is why without antenna and without any digital or satellite channel defined I still get all processes running.

Anyway, the deep sleep/wake up sure is bugged. After the reset to factory settings I didn't get any more reboots, but the sooner Sony will deliver a (real)  bug fixing update the better. I am tired of waiting.

PS: Why is the Austrian (.at) forum in English? Or is it Australian?

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

.at is usually Austrian. What do you mean? My link? It is this British forum actually, but somehow redirected via an Austrian URL, because I am Austrian. Dunno really... ^^

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

lol. Yeah, your link. It is in the UK forum indeed. It happened to me a couple of days ago via Google as well. An English post (of mine) went into the .at site. Maybe it's because Austria doesn't have its own forum. But I would have thought it was merged with the German one because of the language. Oh well..

profile.country.RO.title
AlbertoA04

This is happening to me with my 55W808C. I have 3885 version installed

profile.country.GB.title
Btron1
Explorer

Hi

My TV randomly reboots about once a day.  Model KD49X8307CBU.

I got a firmware update last week and really hoped it would be addressed but if anything it seems more frequent.

I see from the Bugs and Issues thread that the issue was reported to Sony in May 2017.  Is there any update?

profile.country.GB.title
Btron1
Explorer

Hi

Just to update this, I did a full factory reset 16th November.  As at today, I have not had any more random restarts/reboots.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Btron1

Thanks for letting our members  know :beers: