Join now - be part of our community!

Can't change DNS on Sony KD 43x8305c Android 4K Tv

profile.country.GB.title
Sanman1
Explorer

Can't change DNS on Sony KD 43x8305c Android 4K Tv

Hi, 

I have 2 oth smart Sony TVs both 55inch and 32inch that enables you to change the DNS code but can't seems to find that options to change it on my new 43inch Sony android tv. Please help. 

Thanks

s

8 REPLIES 8
xx4L0Mxx
Contributor

Go to your wifi settings on TV, choose advanced settings -  modify network.  where it says "dhcp" change this to static ip. Give your TV a static ip address (it already showed your TV's current  ip address in the box above, just use that). You can now enter your dns addresses manually. 

Thanks for this. It worked with my Sony Bravia KDL55W809C. I had only been trying for six months!

profile.country.GB.title
gerar760
Explorer

Hello

I am trying to change the DSN setting on my new 43 android tv

Is it possible to do this and if it is can you please help me with it.

Kind Regards

Gerry 760

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

What happens when you try to follow the advice above from xx4L0Mxx?

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
gerar760
Explorer

The settings are different

I go into Network then into advanced settings.

On the menu in advance settings is Networks Status, when you go in there it gives you all the connection settings,

but you cant change them.

The next setting is Built-in Wifi and thats says on, so the only options with that is on or off.

Next setting is IPv6 setup, it saids on that , Set up Internet and local settings.when I go into that it asks do I want to enableIPv6? Yes or No. I am not sure what to do there.

The last item on the menu is WPS (Pin) in there your are asked to enter your pin code to your wireless router, its gives a number underneath 46936127 but this number changes after 2 minutes to another number.

Maybe I need to set up the IPv6 Setup but I am not sure to be changing something im not sure of.

Gerry

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Yes, you are quite right - different. And you are very wise not to change things you don't understand 🙂

On my KD-43X8309C, I have to go:-

Settings

Network

Advanced settings

Network status - note down all the IP address Settings

Back

Back

Network setup

Expert

Wi-Fi

AVAILABLE NETWORKS. - Choose the one that says Connected underneath it

Advanced Options

IP Settings (says DHCP underneath it)

Select STATIC

Put in the settings you noted down above, Network prefix length 24, changing the DNS to what you want it to be

Dont leave any entries blank, as they will not default to the existing values; they will become blank or zeroes 😞

When completed, back out all the way back to Network, choose Advanced Settings/Network status again, inspect the values shown to see that they are what you intended (and repeat the whole procedure if they aren't) and then

Check Connection

YES

OK

and if the Connection is working (you will be given the Troubleshooting option if it isn't), back out with Home, TV, or whatever, and enjoy.

However, if you get into a mess you can't fix, don't panic; go through the above all again until you get to the DHCP/STATIC choice, and reselect DHCP. The TV will then be on the internet again, while you quietly figure out what might have gone wrong (possibly giving as the IP addresses of the DNS servers, things that aren't DNS servers!) ready to try again.

i just buggered up my connection, in a controlled manner,  testing the above, and got it fine again now 🙂

Good luck!

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
trinkunas
Explorer

***** pamenet sony kd55xd8505 dns

Anonymous
Not applicable

@trinkunas wrote:

***** pamenet sony kd55xd8505 dns

??  Please explain.