Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot login to Bravia XE80 with Google's 2-step verification

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
chrisridd
Explorer

Cannot login to Bravia XE80 with Google's 2-step verification

Hi,

We just got a Bravia Android TV - the XE80 model - and I'm having problems logging in to the Google play store on the TV.

My Google account has "2-step verification" enabled for security. I don't have any other Android devices, so I choose the TV's "Password" option to login, type in my email address, then type in my password.

I then get a screen that says something like "administrator access is required", and I hit Next/Continue. At this point, Google sends my trusted device my magic code of e.g. G-123456. All is looking good so far!

The TV interface then shows a page letting me type in the magic code. However there's no way of entering this code! The onscreen keyboard is not shown. Just typing the numbers on the TV remote exit back to the TV...

Any suggestions on how to log in would be gratefully received.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
chrisridd
Explorer

Well, I managed to solve it just now. I think the trick is to cursor down, which pops up the onscreen keyboard. Which obscures the field so I have to type "blind".

At least it is only 6 digits! Now I'm successfully logged in to my Google account.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
chrisridd
Explorer

Well, I managed to solve it just now. I think the trick is to cursor down, which pops up the onscreen keyboard. Which obscures the field so I have to type "blind".

At least it is only 6 digits! Now I'm successfully logged in to my Google account.

profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Thanks for posting the solution, Chris!

Cheers

Mick