Join now - be part of our community!

Catastrophic sound on new Sony HT-S350 soundbar

profile.country.GB.title
ThomasTag
New

Catastrophic sound on new Sony HT-S350 soundbar

Hi,

I have this problem with my new Sony HT-S350 soundbar connected to my new Sony KD-55A8:

The sound bar, has a catastrophic sound, like an old pan or the bottom of a well. Tested with all 3 possible connections: Bluetooth, optical cable and HDMI eARC. The sound from the TV speakers is much better. Moreover, the sound adjustment (treble, midrange, bass) on the TV is only possible if the sound comes from the TV speakers and impossible to adjust for external sound devices. (more the TVs problem).

If I stream music through Bluetooth from my phone, where I can fine-tune the sound settings, the sound is OK (not good but OK (for this price)).
Thanks for help on this.
Thomas.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@ThomasTag 

Which think this soundbar is OK-ish, as long as you don’t give it too much welly.

Can you doublecheck that the sub is on and working, as what you describe is what you get when it isn’t?

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi ThomasTag, try resetting the bar and use it without any changes. The steps are here https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/res/manuals/4748/2fb27a773da57d8c50eba110d2f33ac3/47487581M... page 34.