Join now - be part of our community!

Channel 799

profile.country.GB.title
RobertHallas

Channel 799

hi, when I go to TV guide, I keep getting the message ‘retune to channel 799’! and this takes me to channel 799, although I have clicked on a different channel, it’s a real pain! Anyone know how to get rid of this? Thanks.

17 REPLIES 17
Piscie
Community Team

Hey @tihardi69, so what is your TV model? and how are you getting the channels? Is it aerial or setup box? and are you able to view any other channels or just stuck with message on screen?

profile.country.GB.title
tihardi69
Explorer

KE48A9BU, i receive channels through satellite with the tv's freeveiw tuner. after selecting a channel from the EPG it shows channel sound for about one second and then switches to channel 799, to return to any channel you either have to select EPG and try again or type in a direct channel number. 

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@tihardi69 

The Freeview tuner is only for terrestrial (aerial) broadcasts, and you will find Sky News on channel 233.

I think you must be using Freesat, the only satellite service these Sony TVs can get that has an EPG, and on that, Sky News is on 202.

So look to see where Sky News is, and this will tell you what you are using.

And make sure you are tuning Freesat, not Freeview; if this hasn’t been the case, it would explain the TV flying to that high channel number.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
tihardi69
Explorer

sorry it was a typo, yes i am using freesat.

profile.country.GB.title
CHANNEL799
New

PERFORM AN AUTO SCAN THEN CHANNEL 799 WILL ORBINATOR ON THE

SCREEN.

profile.country.GB.title
tihardi69
Explorer

thanks for your reply, I have tried a full retune of freesat channels and still the same problem, I have attached a vid showing what happens

profile.country.GB.title
graygerman

Interesting that so many are having this problem.  my tv is the kd-65x89k,  its tuned to Freesat using the sky dish for reception, of course whatever channel i select the message from the BBC about checking equipment shows for a second then i get the channel broadcast appear, however, mine does not automatically go to 799 on its own and hasnt done since this message first appeared.  The BBC are working on channels to make them all HD only and removing the SD ones so of course until this work is complete which is expected to be around March we are stuck with that annoying message.  I did use Sonys channel editor for the pc and exported my channel list to reorder all the channels into an order that i wanted, and deleted the multiple ones by BBC which are regional and all the other rubbish that i didnt want, and stacked all my channels in order from 101 - 281, saved it and reimported it back to the tv. Of course this means there is no longer anything on my 799, and my tv definitley doesnt go to it, it shows the max of 281 and thats it.  Perhaps this may solve other peoples issues with the same annoying prompt, just to note tho, whatever channel you choose you will still see the BBC message for a second before your programme appears.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey graygerman, if you're getting the service through a Sky box, please contact Sky. 

For the reset of the users, did anyone try a factory data reset? Which software versions do you have? Have you tried contacting the broadcaster?