Join now - be part of our community!

'Chromecast built-in' app bug after update 1.52.246969

profile.country.GB.title
flobbalob
Explorer

'Chromecast built-in' app bug after update 1.52.246969

On my on KD55XF9005:

Casting from either desktop chrome, desktop VLC, desktop youtube or android tablet youtube.

When casting is terminated the TV used to switch back to it's original source i.e. , for me, the aerial input or the HDMI I was using prior to casting. Now it reverts to the TV home screen and I have to manually switch it back to the required source.

If I uninstall updates for  'Chromecast built-in' it behaves as it did before the update but is automatically overridden by the latest version soon after.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi flobbalob, I'm not sure if you can override this function or not. But try a soft reset by pressing the power button on the remote for 5 secs.

profile.country.GB.title
flobbalob
Explorer

Hannah, thank you so much for the idea. Yes I did try that and did again to make sure. It's just another one of those straws building up on the camels back. I just wanted to get it out there in case google is watching. It seems to me that google systems are so complicated now that changes they make are creating untested repercussions.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Pleasure to help flobbalob :slight_smile: I would take it to Google at this point tho.