Join now - be part of our community!

Chromecast disconntecting when trying to adjusting picture settings

profile.country.GB.title
rui789
Explorer

Chromecast disconntecting when trying to adjusting picture settings

Model: KDL-50W805C

Each time I connect any APP with the built-in Chromecast and hit the action button or really any other button on the remote the Chromecast disconnects.

Here is a video of what I'm talking about:

https://streamable.com/1hmz3

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Chromecast indeed stops when bringing up the ACTION or DISCOVER MENU. I added this to my bug tracker as adjusting picture settings is essential for Chromecast as video frame rate can be anything, requiring Motionflow interpolation for smooth playback.

Probably @Anonymous also wants to add this to his list. This thing is rapidly growing though with hardly anything getting fixed...

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

I'd say it is a more general issue with Android 6.0.1. WIth many media players in Android 6.0.1 going into settings while watching a video was stopping the video, as if I pressed the back button (and with Google Cast pressing back means to go back to the previous input). 

Now in Android 7.0 most of them work fine (I have just tested it), streaming via Google Cast included. YouTube, via Google Cast, shows that the video gets paused (showing a transparent "Pause" button as well), but it can be played again from the mobile app while in the TV settings.  WIth the ones I tested just Kodi stops the videos playing, while Plex goes back to the video title if the video is paused.