Join now - be part of our community!

Chromecast or airplay casting not working with 5GHz wifi

matti1907
New

Chromecast or airplay casting not working with 5GHz wifi

Hi, 

I just bought a new TV KD43XH8096 with built-in Chromecast and airplay support. I have a wifi router supporting 2.4GHz and 5GHz wifi bands. My TV is connected to the 5GHz band. Unfortunately, if my phone is connected to the same wifi band as my TV none of the supported cast services (Chromecast or airplay) is available, but as soon my phone is connected to 2.4GHz wifi band the cast services becomes available even if the tv is still connected to the 5GHz band.

Is anyone here experience the same issue? 

Regards, 

Martin

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi Martin,

Probably some restrictions of your phone that doesn't allow the usage of 5Ghz band when using Chromecast.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
Parax77
New

Same kind of issue here... Bravia KD49XD8305 with built-in Chromecast

My ASUS Home Mesh Network uses Smart Connect to move devices onto 5GHz Band when the Signal is Best, both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks are all in the same Wifi Network Identity, there is no isolation so all the devices can still see each other irrespective of connection.

When my phones, tablets and The TV are all on 5GHz Connection the Sony built-in Chromecast Fails to work (showing no devices available) although all other internet connectivity on the TV works perfectly on 5Ghz.

As soon as I disable the 5Ghz Wifi radio (or block the TV MAC Address from the 5GHz) then the TV reverts to 2.4Ghz and the Chromecast just reappears as an available device, as if by tragic...

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Parax77, most probably these are restrictions from the devices against the 5GHZ band.