Join now - be part of our community!

cinavia on Android TV 750/850/930

janolapin2017
Explorer

cinavia on Android TV 750/850/930

Hey

I speak about Sony Android TV X750/850/930D etc. with Android TV 2016 (5.1) I would like to know if there is some Cinavia protection embedded on Sony TV player ? And on Android TV inside ? If I install KODI is it possible to play some cinavia files from ? And from TV Player on USB ou Network ?

2 REPLIES 2
janolapin2017
Explorer

Well. I answer myself

The 2016 model X850D 55" as I tried on bestbuy store right now does not have embedded Cinavia infection, neither in the software nor in android.

But if you use KODI to play any X265 10Bit hight bitrate or other stronger encoded movie it will lags seriously, the TV player stock will play it better than KODI the heavy 4K files. I did not tried MXPlayer but pretty sure its better job than KODI with this device

The Sellers said me the brand new 2017 model is "E" like X850E here in North America. It will have 4 cores CPU and stronger Mali GPU T860, Marshmallow or Nougat..We just have to hope that the 2017 will be best of the disappointing 2016 models.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Hi janolapin

This board does not deal with the North American models, which differ from the European models in a number of ways.

Would you perhaps get more response if you posted here?

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking