Join now - be part of our community!

Colour temperature fault KDL-50W805C, Optical light fault

profile.country.BR.title
sonyfan0012

Colour temperature fault KDL-50W805C, Optical light fault

1. TV goes off with right colour temperature  Expert 1

I turn it off , and, after 8 minutes I turn on the TV... It's gone, it's all bluish.

I have to manually change it in the menu or change to:

Another HDMI

TV

App.

Did two factory resets and I won't do no more!

This is incredible. It's a basic thing. The TV has to retain its color

Configuration. I've never seen anything like this in my entire life!

2. The red optical light of the toslink connector for audio on the back of the TV doesn't go off.

I am just wondering if this nice piece of engineering is always online...

Can anyone confirm to me that, after 8 minutes off, the red toslink light goes off on the back of the TV, please?

Thank you.

91 REPLIES 91
profile.country.DE.title
Phil9322
Explorer

thanks for the info! Good news, didn't expect that :wink:

profile.country.BR.title
sonyfan0012

I have the last security update from October and the 6.1 version and I can surely say it's not fixed nor did they care to look at it.

We are screaming at nowhere.

A TV that not does retain colour temperature! I will write to all of the review sites so they bash them the hell out! I am sick of this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @sonyfan0012

I understand your frustrations on this problem.  Unfortunately at the moment I cannot seem to find out from Sony on what their current progress on this issue is.  But any information received will be posted back here.

Cheers

profile.country.BR.title
sonyfan0012

Are they looking into this or won't they even? Ever? Is this in some kind of list? It's not just one model. It's various. It's a software bug, not hardware. The TV forgets it's configuration. 

Can anyone help us or put this forward to Sony??

profile.country.BR.title
sonyfan0012

Please add my post to the color temperature bugs list? And talk / ask Sony again? Please

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sonyfan0012 wrote:

Please add my post to the color temperature bugs list? And talk / ask Sony again? Please

Sure - Why not:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2175704#M83

Colour Temp Bug.jpg

In regards to talking to Sony - I can talk to them until Im blue in the face, but it wont do any good., Ultimately its Sony Japan that needs to fix this.  Sony is aware that it is an issue however.

profile.country.BR.title
sonyfan0012

How can we talk to Sony Japan??
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sonyfan0012 wrote:
How can we talk to Sony Japan??

We cant.

Think of the Military - and the 'chain of command' - Things get reported UP the chain. 

i.e. Sony UK Customer > Sony UK Support > UK Technical Support > Passed on to Japan   (something like that)

profile.country.BR.title
sonyfan0012

So how can we report up the chain?? For the marvelous designers of these
Plastic wonders?
Anonymous
Not applicable

By contacting Sony Support:

http://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/Contact/Email

But its already been done with this particular issue